HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (daa84 @ May 16, 2010 -> 04:52 PM)
can't be too often that you win a road game against a team 27-6-8 at home, when you have 5 penalties and they have 0

niemi was fantastic today

Home ice hasn't been an advantage lately.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ May 16, 2010 -> 05:01 PM)
Cant help but feel confident after how atrocious the Shorks were there.

Niemi is either the s*** or lucky as hell btw.

They won a game on the road, in the loudest arena in the NHL, in which they were penalized 5 times compared to none, and their rookie goalie was outstanding. You can't really ask for much more.

Niemi has been good far more than he hasn't thus far in the playoffs and its fantastic to see him turning into our franchise goalie. Hopefully he can keep it up and get us 7 more playoff victories.

QUOTE (bulokis @ May 16, 2010 -> 05:04 PM)
Niemi stood on his head and won the game. Great win and get game 1 on the road. How was Bolland not in the penalty box?

Quenneville tricked the refs. He brought Bolland and Versteeg off the ice when the penalty was called and he sent Versteeg to the box. The refs didn't stop him, so he had Bolland available to kill the penalty. Crafty s***, that was.

QUOTE (The Critic @ May 16, 2010 -> 06:01 PM)
Quenneville tricked the refs. He brought Bolland and Versteeg off the ice when the penalty was called and he sent Versteeg to the box. The refs didn't stop him, so he had Bolland available to kill the penalty. Crafty s***, that was.

Indeed, that was a great job of pulling the wool over the refs eyes by Q. The Hawks were (and still are) owed a few calls though after the exhibition that was put on today by the officials. To win a game on the road against a great home team when the refs basically had Sharks jerseys on is just incredible to start the series though, and Niemi was sick. The final score was deceptive today, tons of great scoring chances on both ends (as you'd expect to see all series), but both goalies were really good. The difference basically turned out to be the soft 1st goal Nabakov allowed to Sharp. Lots of pressure on the Sharks Tuesday.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ May 16, 2010 -> 04:11 PM)
They won a game on the road, in the loudest arena in the NHL, in which they were penalized 5 times compared to none, and their rookie goalie was outstanding. You can't really ask for much more.

Niemi has been good far more than he hasn't thus far in the playoffs and its fantastic to see him turning into our franchise goalie. Hopefully he can keep it up and get us 7 more playoff victories.

I'm hoping for about 107 more playoff victories from him (and 3 or 4 Stanley Cups!)

Wow, what a game, 85 combined shots. I mentioned earlier that it might come down to the goalies and thats what happened. Niemi played better than Nabokov and the Hawks won. This series should be incredible if it keeps up like this. I watched the East Game 1 and it barely seemed like the same sport. This is looking like the Stanley Cup Finals a round earlier.

I only got to watch the first period. Wow, Niemi must have been outstanding. Great win in a very loud arena.

I know a lot of teams this year have played well on the road in the playoffs (Hawks have lost their share of home games), but give it up for the Hawks. Man, great great victory on the road. It seemed to me the loudest venue, at least the period and a half I watched.