HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 20, 2010 -> 11:37 PM)
Q: Which would you take if offered? Let's say the gods guaranteed you that if the Hawks dropped the next four games the Sox would rebound and make the playoffs. Would you take that deal in a second? Or are you a big enough hockey fan you'd want the Hawks to win the series if it meant the Sox continue to spiral downward the rest of the year?

What's the point of these questions? Dan Bernstein asked the same thing, "what do you care more about, the Hawks winning the Cup, or the Bulls getting LeBron?"

Completely stupid questions... we get it, you don't like hockey and you're only on the bandwagon for the hell of it. Some of us have been Hawks fans for awhile, and a lot of the new fans are greatly in love with this team. Let us have our fun and stop trying to minimize the importance of this season for a lot of us.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 21, 2010 -> 09:22 AM)
What's the point of these questions? Dan Bernstein asked the same thing, "what do you care more about, the Hawks winning the Cup, or the Bulls getting LeBron?"

Completely stupid questions... we get it, you don't like hockey and you're only on the bandwagon for the hell of it. Some of us have been Hawks fans for awhile, and a lot of the new fans are greatly in love with this team. Let us have our fun and stop trying to minimize the importance of this season for a lot of us.

:headbang

Bernstein does not understand or like hockey. His bantering about how great the NBA is sickening. There is no sport more obviously fixed than the NBA, simply watch a game.

Gameday!!!!!

Let's try to end the status quo of coming home to the UC, playing flat, and letting the opponent excute their gameplan to a T. Make the team's next flight to California sometime next winter.

Anybody watch the Habs game last night? The anthem experience and everything at UC is great, but man, the atmosphere throughout the whole game up there is something else.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 21, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)
Anybody watch the Habs game last night? The anthem experience and everything at UC is great, but man, the atmosphere throughout the whole game up there is something else.

That's Montreal for you. It's good to see them so deep in the playoffs... they are the Yankees of the NHL, which has been easy to forget the last decade.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 21, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)

It was a great atmosphere, I really like when they have the kid light the center of the ice on fire and it goes across the whole arena during the intro. I can't wait for the game tonight. They need to not let the Sharks back into it, like the Flyers let the Canadiens back into it last night. I'm hoping for the Original 6 matchup in the Stanley Cup Finals.

That's just a stupid question by Bernstein. Unless you just don't like hockey, the answer is obviously the Hawks winning the Cup. And besides, getting LeBron doesn't guarantee the Bulls anything. Obviously, having him here long term gives them an excellent shot at eventually winning a title. But you can't guarantee yourself anything by signing a guy who has never won a championship, no matter how good he is (and LeBron is obviously the best right now, but still.)

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I like hockey a lot. I went to games as a kid all the time with my dad. I loved Bobby Hull, Mikita, Nesterenko, Magnuson, DeJardins, Esposito, et. all. Moved away and didn't follow them as much during the dead years.

I played hockey, love hockey.

The question is a fun one. Sorry.

I don't like hockey, but anytime a major sports team in Chicago wins the championship, it's huge for the city. It's just rare.

Cup > LeBron

Sounds like another opportunity for Bernstein to undermine the popular.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 21, 2010 -> 10:01 AM)
Bernstein does not understand or like hockey. His bantering about how great the NBA is sickening. There is no sport more obviously fixed than the NBA, simply watch a game.

The sport is a little too complex for a simple guy like that too grasp. I can't say that I am surprised.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 21, 2010 -> 03:24 PM)
The sport is a little too complex for a simple guy like that too grasp. I can't say that I am surprised.

That mistake in that sentence makes me laugh.

Obviously I'd take the Hawks over anything else right now, incuding LeBron.

The stars are aligning right for our first title since the 60s, right? Did the Hawks win it once in the Kennedy administration?

That said, how are the Chicago papers playing this, if any of you read a hard copy newspaper anymore?

Do the Hawks get the main front page headlines over baseball when they play a playoff game? They better.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 21, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
Obviously I'd take the Hawks over anything else right now, incuding LeBron.

The stars are aligning right for our first title since the 60s, right? Did the Hawks win it once in the Kennedy administration?

'61

Thanks steve, i was too lazy to google it.

1961. That is WAY too long for a great city like Chicago.

Blackhawks need to ride the homecourt frenzy to a victory tonight. Seems to me the Final Four teams are moderately equal, but the winner of this series is a solid favorite to take the Cup.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 21, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
until just now

Oh God. Niemi has been great. 39 saves despite a pile of stupid penalties. He is the reason this team has a game.

Edited by G&T

QUOTE (G&T @ May 21, 2010 -> 09:47 PM)
Oh God. Niemi has been great. 39 saves despite a pile of stupid penalties. He is the reason this team has a game.

Oh I know. he's been god. It;s just ironic that moments after the post they score a goal. Not that it was Nieme's fault.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 21, 2010 -> 10:55 PM)
Oh I know. he's been god. It;s just ironic that moments after the post they score a goal. Not that it was Nieme's fault.

You may not know this about me, but everything I say will result in the opposite happening.

Which is why I am convinced that the Hawks will lose.