HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 09:11 PM)
What did we learn?

Sox Players = Good Luck

Cubs Players = Bad Luck

I was just comming here to post this but you beat me to it. Hawks management (namely McDonough) keep that disgusting cursed Cubs team away from the Hawks. :)

The play in the zone tonight certainly wasn't completely clean (the first 5 minutes or so of the 2nd period were terrifying), but it was definitely a lot better, and Niemi was awesome. The Hawks also seemed at least to the naked eye to have a lot more legitimate high quality scoring chances tonight as well. If the Hawks can improve from game 2 to 3 just as they did from game 1 to 2, I'd expect a strong performance and win in Nashville Tuesday. Hopefully that is the case, and hoepfully Niemi can keep doing his thing. I see no reason why the Hawks can't at least regain home ice coming home for game 5, and I'm hoping for more. The Hawks are clearly the better team talentwise, they just have to be patient, play clean defense, and take advantage when chances present themself.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

Was at the game tonight and getting ready to watch Col OT SJ oushooting them 50-19,,,Craig Anderson

Sopel, Kane, Niemi were great

The defense had some bad giveaways.

Toews and Hossa need to be better.

My tickets were Ticketmaster 3rd level and I gotta tell you the Wrigley stereotype is in full affect as the most vocal folks were those that have no clue about hockey. I guess at $75 for an ok seat is going to get you that.

An Octopus was thrown onto the ice in the Detroit game.. That usually is great news for Detroit over the years. Problem is... the Octopus wound up having its legs crack when it was thrown. (I think it was its legs, or head, don't think thats ever happened before, but I'm not sure) Boom.. Detroit loses.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 11:55 PM)
An Octopus was thrown onto the ice in the Detroit game.. That usually is great news for Detroit over the years. Problem is... the Octopus wound up having its legs crack when it was thrown. (I think it was its legs, or head, don't think thats ever happened before, but I'm not sure) Boom.. Detroit loses.

What?!!? They actually throw real octopuses on the ice!?!? I thought they sold toy ones that people throw on the ice..... ?

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
Holy s*** Boyle own goal 51 seconds in. 50 shots against Colorado and no goals but they score on their on end.

My god.. I JUST missed that game too when it was on versus. What a goaile win for Anderson. 50+ save shutout. That was epic.. Sharks living up to their billing it seems.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 01:12 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2127671:date=Apr 18, 2010 -> 10:25 PM:name=Jenks Heat)-->
QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 10:25 PM)
<!--quotec-->Holy s*** Boyle own goal 51 seconds in. 50 shots against Colorado and no goals but they score on their on end.

My god.. I JUST missed that game too when it was on versus. What a goaile win for Anderson. 50+ save shutout. That was epic.. Sharks living up to their billing it seems.

I think right now it has more to do with them just running into an extremely hot goalie, even in the 2nd game when he gave up a bunch the Sharks had 50 plus attempts vs him.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 19, 2010 -> 12:14 AM)
What?!!? They actually throw real octopuses on the ice!?!? I thought they sold toy ones that people throw on the ice..... ?

Haha. They actually have an agreement with a local fresh fish market or something along those lines to sell octopi to fans going to the Joe.

20 playoff games.

13 one-goal games. (2 games that werent decided by 1 goal had empty netters. So 15 games have been 1 goal games going into the final 2 minutes or less.)

8 overtime games.

This NHL postseason has made me not give two s***s about whats going on in the NBA.