HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:32 PM)
So, taking the game puck is that big of a deal in hockey? Eager cared that much to get in his face about it?

Eager was sent to get in his face at the end of the 2nd period and he did. I am sure if Eager wanted the puck he would have gotten it from him.

This makes Pronger just look like a big douche that's all. Him and Carcillo are a classy duo.

QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jun 1, 2010 -> 10:32 PM)
So, taking the game puck is that big of a deal in hockey? Eager cared that much to get in his face about it?

It sounds kinda like taking the game ball from a baseball game. It is something the winners should do.

Except for blind homerism, is there reason to think we'll win tonight? I bet 10 bucks on centsports.com on the Hawks and 10 more on the over of 5.5 goals figuring the game in Philly will more resemble the first game in Chicago.

But is there any real reason to believe we'll go up 3-0 in the series and pretty much end it? Does tonight's game have Philly written all over it?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Except for blind homerism, is there reason to think we'll win tonight? I bet 10 bucks on centsports.com on the Hawks and 10 more on the over of 5.5 goals figuring the game in Philly will more resemble the first game in Chicago.

But is there any real reason to believe we'll go up 3-0 in the series and pretty much end it? Does tonight's game have Philly written all over it?

Of course there is reason to believe. Hawks have won 7 road games in a row...clearly they're comfortable in another building. Also, for as much talk there is out of Philly that they 'outplayed' the Hawks....they haven't fricken won. The other side of that is the Hawks haven't come close to playing their best game yet. An early couple goals by the Hawks could be the end of Philly and their 'crowd'. An early couple by Philly could be enough to shut down the Hawks in their building too, but the Hawks won't quit.

So I think it will be a battle. I like the over pick....I'm thinking a 4-2 game....and if Philly is going to win a game this series, it will most likely be this one, but their odds go no higher than 50% in my book. It's a crap shoot, a coin flip. Indian Head or Weird Flying P?? call it in the air.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
Of course there is reason to believe. Hawks have won 7 road games in a row...clearly they're comfortable in another building. Also, for as much talk there is out of Philly that they 'outplayed' the Hawks....they haven't fricken won. The other side of that is the Hawks haven't come close to playing their best game yet. An early couple goals by the Hawks could be the end of Philly and their 'crowd'. An early couple by Philly could be enough to shut down the Hawks in their building too, but the Hawks won't quit.

So I think it will be a battle. I like the over pick....I'm thinking a 4-2 game....and if Philly is going to win a game this series, it will most likely be this one, but their odds go no higher than 50% in my book. It's a crap shoot, a coin flip. Indian Head or Weird Flying P?? call it in the air.

Flying P is never a good bet.

I think Philly takes this one to be honest.

And I love the "talk" out of Philly that the Hawks have gotten lucky bounces, this coming from a team that scored on a freaking knuckle puck.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:44 PM)
I think Philly takes this one to be honest.

And I love the "talk" out of Philly that the Hawks have gotten lucky bounces, this coming from a team that scored on a freaking knuckle puck.

Mistake #1 - not believing in the Hawks right now.

Mistake #2 - paying attention to anything coming out of Philly right now that isn't said by a Blackhawk.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 2, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
Mistake #1 - not believing in the Hawks right now.

Mistake #2 - paying attention to anything coming out of Philly right now that isn't said by a Blackhawk.

Ha, true. I believe, just dont think they are that much better that they can steal both games out of Philly.

They haven't outplayed anyone. They haven't been very effective at all. The only reason they were even in the first game was the Hawks top lines and defenders had awful positioning games. It really wasn't anything Philly did as much as what Chicago didn't do.

I actually think the Hawks win this one, the Flyers win the next one, prompting the "Flyers are gonna come back from 3-0 down again" from the media and then the Hawks finish them off at the UC making my original prediction of Hawks in 5 come true. :D

The Hawks have not played as well as they are capable of while I am not certain the Flyers can play better as I have only seen three of their games this year and they have not impressed me.

Half way through the second period Monday the Hawks had won 70% of the face offs for the series. The Flyers dominated that game after that and made it close but at that point, I thought that was an impressive stat.

Kane needs to find a way to show America He Has Talent tonight.