HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In order to win the Stanley Cup in 6, we'll have to do something we haven't done since 1996. Win in Philadelphia.

Well, if you're going to buck a trend, might as well make it for a Cup clinching game. 1 more!

What a f***ing game! The UC was just rocking all night. Really, really hope I dont have to go back Friday night.

Pronger -5 on the game. Once he was finally in the box, it was pretty easy for Buff to score in front of the net. Good to finally get some calls for the Hawks and capitalize on them.

If Hawks play like this on Wednesday, they will have the cup, but I know its tough to do that in Philly.

Walking back to the car I saw the best hitter of the 90s, #35, with his very hot, skinny, blond wife.

Seriously, when is the NHL going to speak to the refs about how terrible they have been this series, especially to the Hawks. Pronger has TWO penalties the entire series? NIce high stick no-call directly in front of the ref, while the linesman was telling him he saw it. No biggie.

Very pleased to say the least. So much fun watching us pepper the goal with shots and be aggressive and the hard check was the play of the game just about.

The old clilche, one game at a time.

It would surely be nice to win game six cause we'll need to come out of the chute just like we did tonight in Game Seven.

How the hell can we win in Philly? I don't think we can. Can you imagine Friday night? Game Seven in Chicago??

Both teams playing balls out hockey?

Hope the Hawks realize they need to play with Game Seven intensity in Game Six to stand a chance. History says we can't win in Philly.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 10:59 PM)
Seriously, when is the NHL going to speak to the refs about how terrible they have been this series, especially to the Hawks. Pronger has TWO penalties the entire series? NIce high stick no-call directly in front of the ref, while the linesman was telling him he saw it. No biggie.

Linesmen can only call majors. They can't tell him they saw a stick hit a guy and then create a call from there. McCreary was in the far corner and missed it, not the first time a high stick has been missed...

How quickly you forget about the high stick where Duncan Keith absolutely opened up Briere and that went uncalled as well. Should have been 4 minutes and Philly would have had a 5 on 3 for a minute followed by another 3 minute power play...

Out of all the games, THIS is the one you complain after? 2 of Philly's penalties were pretty weak as well.

Edited by IlliniKrush

Is it as simply as the Hawks play wide open, they win?

There were some wide open, hard shots tonight finally after those 2 frustrating losses in Philly.

Hawks looked like the better team tonight. Wonder if we can break the road ice jinx?

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
Linesmen can only call majors. They can't tell him they saw a stick hit a guy and then create a call from there. McCreary was in the far corner and missed it, not the first time a high stick has been missed...

How quickly you forget about the high stick where Duncan Keith absolutely opened up Briere and that went uncalled as well. Should have been 4 minutes and Philly would have had a 5 on 3 for a minute followed by another 3 minute power play...

Out of all the games, THIS is the one you complain after? 2 of Philly's penalties were pretty weak as well.

Yeah, this is not the game to complain about the refs. There were 4 games after which plenty of whining could have been done, but the refs were more helpful to Chicago tonight if anything (although the Hawks deserved a night like that after the first 4, and probably deserve another one Wednesday.)

As for the Hawks, I kind of thought they'd shuffle the lines and kind of thought it would work (thus my rare optimism for this game), and fortunately it turned out that way. Game 6 has all kinds of interesting storylines even beyond the obvious of the Hawks being 1 win away between Leighton being pulled and what happens with the Blackhawk lines.

At any rate, a little more time to enjoy this win with 2 days off. I'm expecting a tough and close game 6. I feel pretty good about it though between the line changes and also because Niemi was not particularly good tonight and he tends to play well after such performances (don't get me wrong, he wasn't terrible, but he was meh overall IMO).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

As a total bandwagon fan (started with the San Jose series), this was the best game of the playoffs IMO. The attack, attack, attack mode was awesome. That first period I was on the edge of my seat the entire time. Hopefully they can keep up the physical play.

Also, I was bummed there wasn't a fight last night. Looked to be some cheap shots going both ways, I was sure someone was gonna throw a punch.

Yeah, I know the rules, and I've said something after each game. I saw them miss one on the Hawks which was a big one and several on the Flyers again. Its not like they've all of a sudden made up for the ones they've missed all series.

Out of all the series, this is the wrong one for you to be on your the refs can do no wrong kick. They have been horrible for the most part.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)
Out of all the series, this is the wrong one for you to be on your the refs can do no wrong kick. They have been horrible for the most part.

Hence I responded to a post about last night's game and addressed a particular incident, not the series. Thanks though.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 08:34 AM)
As a total bandwagon fan (started with the San Jose series)

Also, I was bummed there wasn't a fight last night. Looked to be some cheap shots going both ways, I was sure someone was gonna throw a punch.

Then let me educate you on the sport that you will hopefully soon come to love no matter the situation.

You will RARELY see a fight in the playoffs, and certainly not the Stanley Cup Final. That's just how the game is played. The chance that you'll get a 2 minute instigator far outweighs the result of a fight. Normally fights are reserved to rally the troops and get momentum on your side. In the playoffs, everyone is jacked anyway.

Also, goons like Burish/Carcillo don't get enough ice time and/or are scratched just do the the sheer speed of the games.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jun 7, 2010 -> 09:25 AM)
Then let me educate you on the sport that you will hopefully soon come to love no matter the situation.

You will RARELY see a fight in the playoffs, and certainly not the Stanley Cup Final. That's just how the game is played. The chance that you'll get a 2 minute instigator far outweighs the result of a fight. Normally fights are reserved to rally the troops and get momentum on your side. In the playoffs, everyone is jacked anyway.

Also, goons like Burish/Carcillo don't get enough ice time and/or are scratched just do the the sheer speed of the games.

I guess I just figured that since the game was basically over after 2 that Philly would send a goon out to start something. Either way, its nice to see after Game 1 that the Blackhawks can match the physical play of the Flyers.