HAWKS WIN! HAWKS WIN THE STANLEY CUP!!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:32 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2173068:date=Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:57 PM:name=Jenksismyb****)-->
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)
<!--quotec-->this cracked me up:

http://deadspin.com/5561311/patrick-kane-a...-in-drunkenness

View more news videos at: http://www.nbcchicago.com/video.

I love how he's still drinking at the Sox game. :headbang

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
<!--quoteo(post=2173001:date=Jun 11, 2010 -> 03:34 PM:name=Milkman delivers)-->
QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
<!--quotec-->What did he say?

you have to hear it. I cant do it justice. He just ripped him up and down.

EDIT: found the video

That's awesome. You're right, a description wouldn't do it justice.

Insane parade. Pretty crowded of course and hot, but it was all worth it. Like how that random guy started throwing beers to everyone. :lol: Alot of the people I was around were very nice (two guys gave me 2 beers and I was slick to drink them before I was caught) All around great day. :)

I love Kane the player, but as a person he's got some serious issues and nerve. I mean, this is the guy along with Toews who are being worshipped by thousands of youth hockey players in Chicago, Illinois and even the entire world. So what does he do? He gets wasted during the parade and keeps chugging beers down the whole time. Is it too much to ask for him to just not get wasted/drink while the kids are watching? I mean Toews was perfectly coherent, but Kane serious went overboard and made himself look like an idiot.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)
I love Kane the player, but as a person he's got some serious issues and nerve. I mean, this is the guy along with Toews who are being worshipped by thousands of youth hockey players in Chicago, Illinois and even the entire world. So what does he do? He gets wasted during the parade and keeps chugging beers down the whole time. Is it too much to ask for him to just not get wasted/drink while the kids are watching? I mean Toews was perfectly coherent, but Kane serious went overboard and made himself look like an idiot.

Thank you! I was at the parade and I felt the exact same way. I was 40 yards (I stood right in front of the Fannie May store across the street from Corner Bakery.) from the stage and was watching Kane drink and drink like a damn fool in front of everyone. The speech he gave was ridiculous, and was a result of being intoxicated. He did look like an idiot, you weren't the only one who felt that way!

Edited by The Beast

Those beers probably cost him thousands of dollars in sponsorships. Here was a golden chance to build a fan base. There are worse things he could have done, but wow, what a disappointment. And btw, I did laugh.

I guess I'm one of the few that sees it blown a tad out of proportion here, only because most of those kids were either too far away to actually see what the guys were doing on top of the trolley in the parade, or had no idea what he was drinking anyway, unless the parents foolishly told them what he really was drinking (I would think I would tell my kid he is drinking pop, juice, etc.. and wasn't "feeling too well" to speak). Not condoling what he did, but hell Kane is still a naive 21 year old who had his name in the papers alot the prior off-season and season, he has to mature himself to learn. I guess that also shows the class of Toews more. As Sharp said, most of the teammates have to check his birth certificate to make sure he is only 22. BTW, anyone who was at the parade (at least from where I was) there was much more drunk idiots acting fools around alot of people (including the kids) anyways.

I don't have a problem w/ it at all. It was the highlight of his life, and he is king of the city. He is 21 years old, I wouldn't expect him act like he is 30 years old.

And like the above poster said, if you are bringing out kid out to a crowd of 2 million rowdy fans, you can expect he will be seeing some people getting insanely drunk, throwing beers, falls down, throwing up, and doing things much worse. It's not like Kane got drunk at a wedding, or Hawks convention. It was a massive hockey party. Not an issue at all, IMO.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)

Take it easy, Church ladies. He just achieved the greatest accomplishment in the field to which he dedicated his life.

I'm sure the majority of these kids have seen their parents drunk and acting like idiots more than they will see a professional athlete do such a thing.

Are you suggesting that kids shouldn't be at a hockey party? Doesn't that hurt the future of the franchise? It would seem like building the base from the kids on up would be a great idea. There is a lot worse he could have done, but he did step over the line, maybe not far, but he was over the line.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
Kaner kind of reminds me of Theo Fluery...

Wow, I made the exact same comparison today.

Kane's got issues. You would think he could keep it slightly together for this. Nope, has to be drunk every hour he's not on the ice. It was embarrassing, winning the Cup is no excuse for it. He just drank for the previous 24 hours. No one else was nearly that drunk.

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 10:44 PM)
Wow, I made the exact same comparison today.

Kane's got issues. You would think he could keep it slightly together for this. Nope, has to be drunk every hour he's not on the ice. It was embarrassing, winning the Cup is no excuse for it. He just drank for the previous 24 hours. No one else was nearly that drunk.

I was thinking the same thing. He should have kept his s*** together today.

Hopefully, the right people have the right talk with him. He wasn't cool today. Not one bit.

But I bet he got a lot of ass.

Kaner has issues with being a 21 year old drunken idiot at times. A LOT of 21 year olds have that problem, as anybody who has been to college (which is most of us) knows. He produces on the ice, and as long as the cab thing remains a one time incident, I can't sit here and tell him what to do with his spare time. Kaner wasn't the only one that seemd a bit tipsy today either.

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 10:43 PM)
Are you suggesting that kids shouldn't be at a hockey party? Doesn't that hurt the future of the franchise? It would seem like building the base from the kids on up would be a great idea. There is a lot worse he could have done, but he did step over the line, maybe not far, but he was over the line.

I'm suggesting that you take your kid to a hockey party, and you should expect this sort of behavior. I find it hard to believe any kids were shocked to see Kane with a drink in his hands, when they have seen people will drinks in their hands 40-50 times already that day.

You don't take your kid to the beach and complain about him getting a sunburn.