4/16 GT: Sox @ Indians, Buehrle v. Talbot

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 11:09 AM)
I still say I am 2-0, if not for someone stepping on my toes, we would have had a 4 game winning streak! :)

cleveland_sucks_tshirt-p2355846493934379

:headbang

Go Sox!

(Also, go Blackhawks!)

Uh oh. Someone else edited your thread title, other than me. I was 1-1 on the edits. Hopefully the JoeCoolMan-knightni combo can do better than .500!

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 10:14 AM)
I always thought Injuns was appropriate, considering their racist mascot.

disgusting, isn't it, wearing that on their sleeve? It would be great to see a time when one of their players said "no way, I'm not wearing that." Then maybe they would ditch it once and for all.

QUOTE (JorgeFabregas @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 12:14 PM)
I always thought Injuns was appropriate, considering their racist mascot.

Lucky for them no one knows their organization exists so they're able to get away with it. To their credit: they haven't fully done away with the smiling Indian cartoon but they use the "I" logo for about 70% of their signage these days. They're slowly but surely moving towards the "I" as their primary logo.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)
disgusting, isn't it, wearing that on their sleeve? It would be great to see a time when one of their players said "no way, I'm not wearing that." Then maybe they would ditch it once and for all.

I seem to recall Ed Farmer (or was it some other announcer?) recounting a story of the Indians asking Jacoby Ellsbury if he would have a problem with the team/name mascot if they drafted him (he said he that he wouldn't have a problem with it, IIRC).

If you even have to bring it up to potential players, then it 's time to get rid of it.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)
Didnt realize this until Ozzie tweeted it... the Bulls and Sox are both in Cleveland.

Weren't the Sox and Bulls also in Toronto on Monday?