4/16 GT: Sox @ Indians, Buehrle v. Talbot

I really wish I knew what the record was for either most double plays hit into int he first 10 games of the season, or maybe most weak grounders hit in the first 10 games. Either way, the sox have to be close to matching or breaking that record. Also add to that category, most bloop hits or lucky nubbers that turned into hits. Im usually not one to complain but I remember this stuff was brutal on the first home-stand, and now playing the indians its reminding me again.

Edited by joeynach

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
So in essence, we passed on Jim Thome so Mark Kotsay could DH. All of the double play hitting capability with none of the power

We couldn't get him the at-bats, Gooch. You know the at-bats that we later gave to like, 5 different guys.

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 08:46 PM)
So in essence, we passed on Jim Thome so Mark Kotsay could DH. All of the double play hitting capability with none of the power

Its so obvious Andruw Jones needs to be the everyday DH. He at least brings a consistent power threat every single day and he hits the ball hard. Kotsay should be a sunday starter only.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 05:45 PM)
jesus guys chill the hell out. the angels are 3-7 right now. the braves for the last 10 years it seems started out under .500 and then played .700 after the break. nothing is over, not the season, not this game.

lol Nothing is over till i say it is . Was it over when the Germans bombed .... oh nvm.

QUOTE (joeynach @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
Its so obvious Andruw Jones needs to be the everyday DH. He at least brings a consistent power threat every single day and he hits the ball hard. Kotsay should be a sunday starter only.

I would like Kotsay a lot more if Ozzie used him like he should be used a.k.a. pinch hitter, defensive replacement/spot starter

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
lol Nothing is over till i say it is . Was it over when the Germans bombed .... oh nvm.

how many times do you think a variation of this exact post shows up per year? zero points for originality.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
So, why are you the one telling us to be optimisic about a team that seems destined to meet projection?

probably for the same reason i take time out of my day to post on this message board.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 08:52 PM)
Just got home. Glad the Hawks are on.

No reason whatsoever to start Kotsay other than to give Konerko a day off. He is brutal. I also think the lineup tinkering is not working. Start same nine 6 times a week.

Ozzie is the king of lineup changes. I can't remember the last time we started the same lineup more than 3 or 4 times in a row.