4/16 GT: Sox @ Indians, Buehrle v. Talbot

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
Oh I've said the same thing . 2 year window of opportunity with our starters and to try and eek by without an offense is a gamble. But yea we get it offense is bad but not season giving up on bad.

Of course. I'm keeping the faith, till i can't keep it any further. I just don't think we're in the position to write anyone off. Hell, even the Tigers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 08:34 PM)
Teahen looks a lot better than he did a week ago.

Yes, Teahen definitely has improved everything about his hitting approach, very happy to see that. I'm hoping that Pierre gets the slappy-ness back to his ABs as well. Also, Rios has, for the most part, had good ABs even when getting outs.

Now, if someone can find Kotsay, Konerko, AJ, and Alexei's normal batting approach, and send it on to them, I'll be even happier.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 05:33 PM)
What is there to be so positive about, honestly? Tell me? And thats a silly statement, go to the gamethread for the last game we won, and see how many 'negative' posts I made.

I've been around here long enough to give props when its due, but to also point out the glaring bad parts of this team too.

Great pitching , been in almost every game , hitting will get better . Rios doesn't look as bad as last year. The lineup has guys capable of hitting 15+ HR's at all but leadoff and catcher. Jones might not be as terrible as we all thought. Pitching pitching pitching. Since I hear so much about the hitting.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 12:38 AM)
Great pitching , been in almost every game , hitting will get better . Rios doesn't look as bad as last year. The lineup has guys capable of hitting 15+ HR's at all but leadoff and catcher. Jones might not be as terrible as we all thought. Pitching pitching pitching. Since I hear so much about the hitting.

How is our pitching "great"? Danks and Floyd have been good. Buehrle's had one great start, and two not very good ones.