4/16 GT: Sox @ Indians, Buehrle v. Talbot

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Who wants to bet money that the Hawks will have more goals scored this season than the sox will have runs scored 82 games into the season? Hawks scored 271 goals this season, or 3.30 goals per game. Think this offense can top that? I think they will, but it may be pretty close....we have scored 47 runs in 11 games, which comes out to 4.27 runs per game. Add in a bunch of shutouts, and we may barely outscore a hockey team.......

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
And the only reason I'm bringing up attendance is because we all know how Kenny uses that as an excuse not to get players at the deadline.

Even this year, they said: This team needs to get off to a good start, we need people in the ballpark early in the year.

Too bad.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
What's sad are the gamethreads this year.

J4L, did you really expect people to stay very optimistic with the way this team has played? Honestly? This offense is Houston Astros bad right now.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 08:35 PM)
According to some, the season was over 5 games ago. Why even bother?

It's human nature for a lot of people. Don't take it too seriously or let it get you down. I know it's annoying to read.

This team has no sack. No desire to stomp the s*** out of bad teams. By the time they play the Twins on May 11, they'll be 7-8 games out, and nobody will honestly think they're in it. The season could get out of hand very quickly if they don't string some good baseball games starting tomorrow. The Twins have 18 straight games against the Tigers, Royals, and Indians. It wouldn't surprise me if they just go 13-5 or 14-4 and take control of the division with no real threat of being caught.