4/16 GT: Sox @ Indians, Buehrle v. Talbot

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 07:11 PM)

Thats the averages on this lineup this season after tonights 5 innings.

I'm sorry...there is absolutely NO excuse for this garbage product, every f***ing year in April, from this team, regardless of who is in the lineup.

so we're going to get better, awesome :)

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)
I would have said the same thing before this season. This lineup just can't contend in the American League. For some dumb ass reason, Ozzie thought he was smarter than every other front office in the AL. The Sox rarely very have players just come out of nowhere and have big offensive seasons. There were so many "we'll have a good offense IF" coming into the season.

So you say the same thing , over and over about how bad the Sox are. You're a knowledgeable poster and have influenced many a poster into a more negative approach. A season is a marathon not a sprint. The pitching is great and the offense isn't . So what else is new ?

Edited by CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (daa84 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 12:06 AM)
agreed...i think we will be sellers this year....im just not sure anyone we would sell off has any real value

We should have been sellers last year...For Kenny to pick up Peavy and Rios was one of the more aburd GM moves that I have ever seen. We have an aging core and all kinds of holes.

Kenny moves typically appeal to the "fantasy-League' makeup of many Sox fans.

We still might win this game, but I doubt that this team will contend.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 12:15 AM)
The pitching is great and the offense isn't . So what else is new ?

For starters, this is the best Twins offense they've had since they became good again this decade. They can run away with this thing if we don't start hitting better.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 07:15 PM)
So you say the same thing , over and over about how bad the Sox are. You're a knowledgeable poster and have influenced many a poster into a more negative approach. As season is a marathon not a sprint. The pitching is great and the offense isn't . So what else is new ?

It's not like the offense has done anything to prove him remotely wrong thus far. I'm not exactly saying we should all be pessimists, but it didn't exactly take a genius to see that the offense would not be very good coming into the season. Even the most optimistic posters were talking about it being "good enough." Doesn't exactly inspire much confidence.

Alright, total pet peeve here. So Ramirez is running to 3rd base, the ball's in right field, and he turns his head almost all the way around to look behind him. He's done this since he got here. USE YOUR COACHES. It's like when he does a spin coming across the bag, trying to turn 2. DO IT THE RIGHT WAY.

What in God's name do our coaches do?

I'm just going to pop-in (God, do i miss watching these games) to say i think Teahen should start hitting higher in the order. Not because he's hitting like a superstar, but because he's get on base at a tremendous rate, and i'd like to ride that hot streak while we can.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 08:23 PM)
Great so your a Twins fan ? Cubs fan ? Twins got any weaknesses ?

So we're fans of the enemy because we're realistic about what to expect from a badly put together 'smallball' A.L. team?

QUOTE (gatnom @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
It's not like the offense has done anything to prove him remotely wrong thus far. I'm not exactly saying we should all be pessimists, but it didn't exactly take a genius to see that the offense would not be very good coming into the season. Even the most optimistic posters were talking about it being "good enough." Doesn't exactly inspire much confidence.

We haven't hit much but we're in almost every game so adding a bat like Gonzales wouldn't help ? That's absurd.

QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 12:25 AM)
We haven't hit much but we're in almost every game so adding a bat like Gonzales wouldn't help ? That's absurd.

We've also faced mediocre pitching for the most part this season.