4/16 Games

Ozzie Ball

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 07:26 PM)
I enjoy having no idea who any of these Kanny starters are.

You should try listening to a few of the games on Internet radio.

They're fun actually... and kind of addicting.

You can pick up alot of good information.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
5 BB/0 SO for Leesman through 4 innings. Ugly. At least he's getting ground balls (7 GO/2 AO).

Yeesh, his K/BB numbers in his two starts almost look like a mistake. 1 K/8 BB with an ERA under 2.5? Go figure. I guess that Dash defense is good enough to help make that possible. Obviously, the ground balls are big. Really wonder what happened to Leesman's control though.

Jon Gilmore is rocking a .500 BABIP.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 16, 2010 -> 11:27 PM)
Yeesh, his K/BB numbers in his two starts almost look like a mistake. 1 K/8 BB with an ERA under 2.5? Go figure. I guess that Dash defense is good enough to help make that possible.

Yes, yes they are.. :lol: Hate to say it, but he pitchers there are going to get really spoiled this year. Escobar and Garcia are as good as it gets in the middle, and everyone in the OF has range/speed. Gilmore has his issues with errors, but even he is solid as far as range. Kinda cool to know only the corner IF spots are your weakest defensively and really are not Konerko and Teahen bad.

Remenowsky is throwing down in W-S already, wonder if he'll be given the chance to go to Birmingham this season. I hope so, he's too old for his league and needs to be challenged.

Also, Retherford is doing what he's done at every level, hit the crap out of the ball. He could end up replacing Nix before too long if he keeps it up.

Threets with another good outing.

Here's hoping Danks stays healthy all season and sustains his high level of play...that would be a great sign for his future, although he's certainly not an obvious replacement for Pierre as a leadoff hitter.

Leading to the (Ryan Sweeney-esque) question of moving Rios out of CF again or just letting Danks play a corner spot. Obviously, Pods and Pierre are lighter-hitting corner outfielders in terms of their power numbers, so the White Sox historically haven't been afraid to go that route. Yet Danks clearly strikes out too much and doesn't yet have the ability to put up 30+ steals either.

Hope he ends up more like Sweeney than BA, Borchard or Jeremy Reed.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 12:57 AM)
Kinda cool to know only the corner IF spots are your weakest defensively and really are not Konerko and Teahen bad.

Not sure what you mean about Konerko and Teahen being really bad, but Gilmore certainly is terrible at 3rd.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)
Not sure what you mean about Konerko and Teahen being really bad, but Gilmore certainly is terrible at 3rd.

He means Teahen is a below avg. fielder which is true and Konerko has little to no range even if he is great at picking balls in the dirt.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
He means Teahen is a below avg. fielder which is true and Konerko has little to no range even if he is great at picking balls in the dirt.

Yes, my point is that Gilmore is worse than that. You can't put Teahen and Konerko in the same class as him.

Tyler Kuhn is intriguing to me. Never gets any prospect props, and I can't find any scouting info on him at all. But all he does is hit, at each level.

Nice to see Shirek answering the questions about his K rate that arose last season (had dropped to about 3 K/9). 2 starts so far, he's gone 12 IP, given up just 5 hits, no runs, 3 walks, and struck out 8.