4/17 GT: Sox @ Indians, Peavy v. Westbrook

Disco72

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 10:24 PM)
Well atleast sucking will rid this team of Ozzie.

Yep, just that the way sucking on offense since the ASB of 2006 has gotten rid of Walker. At this point, Ozzie's done so much damage to the talent of this organization that it's going to be hard to recover for a few seasons.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
Can someone please tell me how Cleveland scored the third run? I missed it while driving home.

Choo ripped a double after Sizemore had singled.

Gave up two hits in a row to lefties. He's human. Newsflash...our offense sucks.

End of story.

Brilliant pitch calling by AJP that inning. Cabrera's hurt us all year on inside fastballs, and as someone mentioned, Sizemore couldn't touch the fastball. Hopefully he's on the same bus out of town with Ozzie after this year. He's had a great run here, but it's time for a new catcher.

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 10:26 PM)
Maybe we're just not as good as we were hoping this year? Last year we were pathetic offensively and haven't upgraded there whatsoever I don't think you can say, although we got faster for sure...doesn't look like it's translating into runs

We're not much faster, considering Getz would have been the fastest player on this team. Guys like Teahen and Kotsay aren't fast...they're skinny white guys, so everyone assumes they're fast.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 10:27 PM)
I don't blame Matt. He was used yesterday in a game we weren't comming back in, and has been used 10 games already into the season. Still though, you can't let that happen.

Great stuff from you in this thread!!

The thing that sucks the most about that move to leave Peavy in is that it's out of character for Ozzie to do that. He'll usually bend backwards to get the starter a quality start with the lead and get out of there. Just a bad move.

Edited by flavum

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
Yep, just that the way sucking on offense since the ASB of 2006 has gotten rid of Walker. At this point, Ozzie's done so much damage to the talent of this organization that it's going to be hard to recover for a few seasons.

Now this I'll disgree with.

I think 75% of it has to do with KW's decision-making process...we just haven't done a good job for a decade in developing talent, with the significant addition of Beckham, but he's only one player.

When Ramirez and Quentin proved they both overachieved a bit in 2008 and KW didn't replace that gap, along with shedding Dye/Thome and replacing those guys with Teahen/Pierre/Vizquel/Kotsay...we've regressed since that year and Twins have improved each season and grown more confident.

Quentin TRYING WAY TOO HARD and pulling off the ball, popping up. What's new?