4/17 GT: Sox @ Indians, Peavy v. Westbrook

Disco72

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JohnCangelosi @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:26 PM)
Maybe we're just not as good as we were hoping this year? Last year we were pathetic offensively and haven't upgraded there whatsoever I don't think you can say, although we got faster for sure...doesn't look like it's translating into runs

the offense is just not good. we now average 3 runs a game and are 1-4 against a bad team who is 1-5 against the rest of the league. we should be scoring a lot more runs against this below average pitching staff. they don't have one dominant pitcher on the team

QUOTE (beckham15 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
haha and this is from the guy who says to play kotsay over pierre everyday :headbang :headbang :lolhitting

You are digging your "I do not understand the game" hole deeper with this comment my friend and the best part of it is you're proud of it.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 10:35 PM)
What a sad sad year ahead of us.

Ozzie's awful decision overshadows another pathetic performance by our offense. It baffles me how boring this team is. At least Peavy was better, but his K rate is still scary and he got a lot of good luck today.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:35 PM)
the offense is just not good. we now average 3 runs a game and are 1-4 against a bad team who is 1-5 against the rest of the league. we should be scoring a lot more runs against this below average pitching staff. they don't have one dominant pitcher on the team

Now that is brutal.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 04:29 PM)
The thing that sucks the most about that move to leave Peavy in is that it's out of character for Ozzie to do that. He'll usually bend backwards to get the starter a quality start with the lead and get out of there. Just a bad move.

I don't know. I think you could make the argument to go with Santos there based on the first week, but Peavy's a former Cy Young winner.

Curious decision, but I'm sure Ozzie talked to him and he wanted to go out there to start the inning, he's such a tremendous competitor.

At least he proved he could still pitch, that's one positive, although the Indians' offense has sucked except against us.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:36 PM)
No, no its not. Its on the pro players who can't hit the ball.

No.. it's on Ozzie. I would feel better if it was on the guys who hit the ball, instead of leaving Peavy in 100+ pitches in to start the 8th in a tie game and Thornton who pitched yesterday in a meaningless garbage time pitching 10 games already in the first two weeks of the season.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
I don't know. I think you could make the argument to go with Santos there based on the first week, but Peavy's a former Cy Young winner.

Curious decision, but I'm sure Ozzie talked to him and he wanted to go out there to start the inning, he's such a tremendous competitor.

At least he proved he could still pitch, that's one positive, although the Indians' offense has sucked except against us.

OMG, if I hear he's a competitor to excuse Ozzie's decision, I'm going to punch my dog (and I don't have a dog).

Championship teams don't lose too many games like this- and it seems as if we have lost 5 games already in this fashion this year where it's ours for the taking and we just piss it away in whatever way that works to ensure the loss.

What a joke, and Ozzie should get a bench coach next to him that could talk some sense into the guy, for the love of God

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 10:38 PM)
No.. it's on Ozzie. I would feel better if it was on the guys who hit the ball, instead of leaving Peavy in 100+ pitches in to start the 8th in a tie game and Thornton who pitched yesterday in a meaningless garbage time pitching 10 games already in the first two weeks of the season.

Yep, if Thornton goes in and blows the lead starting the 8th, then Thornton and the offense gets the blame. I'll take my chances with him getting the game into the 9th with the Sox still leading. It's like Ozzie didn't watch Peavy labor during the 7th.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)

For a guy who has been brutal his first two starts and pitch count wasn't that much up you take him out with a job well done. Any pitcher likes to have alittle confidence. Our bullpen is one of the best in the league as well this early. I didn't think Thornton would be used today (pitching 3 of the last 4 games), but hey s*** happens.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 17, 2010 -> 05:38 PM)

The problem is much much bigger than this game. Our offense sucks. We're not going to win the division with this offense. You can't score 4 f***ing runs in 2 days against this pitching staff.

Besides, whose to say Thornton wouldn't have come in an f***ed it up like he did anyway.

Edited by jphat007