Let's help Brooks Boyer with marketing ideas...

caulfield12

Well, the ALCD can be proud of one thing.

Four of our teams are in the bottom 10 in the majors in attendance. Looks so strange to see Minnesota in the Top 8.

Looks like Phil Rogers will be writing a "pro-Twins" article every weekend this season, since he can't write about Vazquez-Chris B. Young anymore...maybe he'll revisit the Swisher trade, just to annoy us. Or spotlight Chris Carter's progress this season.

I know its very early to give up on a season. But what happens if the Sox keep on losing? Lets say they are 10-15 games back by the all-star break. What does KW do? Does he try and trade Peavy? Would anybody take Rios' inflated contract? Konerko and AJ would most certaintly be dealt due to their expirering contracts.. .

What direction would the team take? They put a lot of marbles in this 2010 season- its a shame KW couldn't put together a more productive offense- aqcuirering a true DH would have helped.

How about not blacking out the WCIU games for people that aren't blessed with the Tyler Perry channel?

MLB Extra Innings: Blacked Out

MLB.TV: Blacked Out

MLB Iphone App: Blacked Out

My options are to watch the game on 1/20th of a screen on the MLB Extra Innings channel that shows all the games or listen to Ed and DJ.

This sucks Brooks! I am a season ticket holder, when I give my tickets away I would like to watch the damn game on tv.

QUOTE (GREEDY @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 09:04 AM)
How about not blacking out the WCIU games for people that aren't blessed with the Tyler Perry channel?

MLB Extra Innings: Blacked Out

MLB.TV: Blacked Out

MLB Iphone App: Blacked Out

My options are to watch the game on 1/20th of a screen on the MLB Extra Innings channel that shows all the games or listen to Ed and DJ.

This sucks Brooks! I am a season ticket holder, when I give my tickets away I would like to watch the damn game on tv.

I hate the games on WCIU because for some reason DirectTv doesn't have HD on that channel. I've become very spoiled. Its hard for me to watch anything that isn't HD.

Dick Allen, just be happy (or not, this year) you can actually watch the games on TV.

Here in China, the broadband strength isn't close to strong enough for MLB TV. Since 2005, the only games I've seen were all the playoff and World Series games in 2005 (various sites in Colombia), the disastrous 2nd half collapse in 2006, the 2008 playoffs (somehow Thailand ESPN carried them) against the Rays and the first two months of the 2009 season.

I've really come to love listening to all the other teams' radio broadcasts through Gameday Audio and AT BAT now this year...in this day and age of technology, it feels old school/retro but it's the best way to experience baseball, IMO. It's probably the best investment I've ever made of $9.95 or $14.95 that I can ever remember in terms of the entertainment value derived. Just going to Alice in Wonderland in 3D here in China costs that same amount of RMB.

Edited by caulfield12

I know its very early to give up on a season. But what happens if the Sox keep on losing? Lets say they are 10-15 games back by the all-star break. What does KW do? Does he try and trade Peavy? Would anybody take Rios' inflated contract? Konerko and AJ would most certaintly be dealt due to their expirering contracts.. .

What direction would the team take? They put a lot of marbles in this 2010 season- its a shame KW couldn't put together a more productive offense- aqcuirering a true DH would have helped.

Well they are 4-9.

If for some reason they repeat the 4-9 the next 13 games and stand at 8-18, you might as well write it off. If Minnie is 17-9 at that point, we'd be nine back and buried pretty early. Our only hope would be a Houston like comeback. Weren't the Astros smitten with a god-awful record at the break the year we beat them in the World Series? Teams have completely turned it around the second half, but if we are 8-18, I'd say KW should start to plan on what moves he can make the second half to strengthen the team for next year.

Should be interesting to see what happens against Tampa. Teams going in opposite directions at this point, for sure.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 09:21 AM)
I hate the games on WCIU because for some reason DirectTv doesn't have HD on that channel. I've become very spoiled. Its hard for me to watch anything that isn't HD.

^This

I email them every couple months or so to complain.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 10:35 AM)
I agree, but the Sox are acting like a bunch of pathetic assclowns, too.

Yes, they are...but it isn't going to make them play any better by just pretending that the world is ending after 2 weeks of baseball.

Teams go through these kind of streaks in the middle of the year all the time and while they are troublesome, they don't get this "world is ending" kind of mentality attached to them because there are other games that took place before that bad streak which give it context.

Right now there is no context.

But we can give it context by remembering that this is a 162 game season, not a 39 game season, not a 54 game season, not even an 82 game season.

Just try to have patience, folks...we'll get this thing turned around...there is too much talent here not to.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 11:08 AM)
Yes, they are...but it isn't going to make them play any better by just pretending that the world is ending after 2 weeks of baseball.

Teams go through these kind of streaks in the middle of the year all the time and while they are troublesome, they don't get this "world is ending" kind of mentality attached to them because there are other games that took place before that bad streak which give it context.

Right now there is no context.

But we can give it context by remembering that this is a 162 game season, not a 39 game season, not a 54 game season, not even an 82 game season.

Just try to have patience, folks...we'll get this thing turned around...there is too much talent here not to.

I think what we're seeing is a lot of frustration being vented. Most of the serious posts right now are saying that there's concern but not panic or "end of the world" thoughts. I'm only speaking for myself, but part of the frustration is the lack of production from the DH position and the seemingly stubborn approach that Ozzie is using. There was a lot of concern over the rotating DH idea, and although we had to resign ourselves to it, we are seeing basically what we expected.

I realize it's a long season and anything can happen. But the thought of losing both of these series at home and then going on the road to Texas and NY is very scary. The way the team is playing, it's conceivable for them to be 8-17 on May 3.

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 10:49 AM)
I think what we're seeing is a lot of frustration being vented. Most of the serious posts right now are saying that there's concern but not panic or "end of the world" thoughts. I'm only speaking for myself, but part of the frustration is the lack of production from the DH position and the seemingly stubborn approach that Ozzie is using. There was a lot of concern over the rotating DH idea, and although we had to resign ourselves to it, we are seeing basically what we expected.

I realize it's a long season and anything can happen. But the thought of losing both of these series at home and then going on the road to Texas and NY is very scary. The way the team is playing, it's conceivable for them to be 8-17 on May 3.

Tampa has won what, the first 7 on this 10 game road trip of theirs?

I'm willing to bet they don't win 9 of 10 or 10 of 10.

This is where we turn things around...

QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 11:51 AM)
Tampa has won what, the first 7 on this 10 game road trip of theirs?

I'm willing to bet they don't win 9 of 10 or 10 of 10.

This is where we turn things around...

I hope so. A win tonight may be the turning point. :gosoxretro: