GT: White Sox @ Indians, 4/18, 12:05, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a Sox fan, and I'm half joking. Obviously, I would love it if they turned it around and got back to .500 in the next 10 days. But there is a part of me that just wants to see them get buried sooner than later just to see how bad it could get. I don't want the Sox to be caught in the mediocre middle where they get confused as to what direction to go. If it gets real bad, they'll be forced to blow it up, and maybe even change managers.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 11:07 AM)
It's not like they would make any moves if this did happen. Nix would probably be the fall guy.

Mark Kotsay has 24 PA's. Kotsay has 3 hits.

Vizquel has 14 PA's. Omar has 1 hit.

Nix has 6 PA's. Nix has 1 hit.

Yesterday, all three were thrown under the bus by Ozzie. "I'm not going to fire a guy who has nothing to do with this thing," Guillen said before the game. "Look at Kotsay, (Omar) Vizquel and (Jayson) Nix. They don't need a hitting coach. They need to (bleeping) get hits."

If i'm Jayson Nix i'm telling Ozzie to go "f*** himself."

I didnt come on here much yesterday because I was too pissed off but was Ozzie sleeping during that late meltdown? I mean literally sleeping when they showed him in the dugout. Cause it looked like he was with his head down and eyes closed.

There's no excuse for sitting Quentin and Jones on the same day. Unless there are injuries I'm unaware of, Ozzie is a complete f***ing joke.

The best part is that the Sox will probably score enough runs to win this game, but only because of the contributions from the players who actually deserve to be in the starting lineup.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 08:08 AM)
The game threads seem to be in a need of some fresh air.

Let's see if I can bring any luck.

My man G on the mound will take care of business, and the offense owes Carmona some good ole ass beating.

:gosoxretro:

Let's hope it works Mr Fabreze :lol:

Easily the worst lineup ever assembled by an AL team in the last decade. Ugh. Not even May and I already don't care. This team has a chance to lose 100 games or more.

Please, Jerry, get rid of this clown show of KW and Ozzie. PLEASE!!!!

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 10:07 AM)
It's not like they would make any moves if this did happen. Nix would probably be the fall guy.

You know, if Nix would have started at 2B that game that they rested Beckham he probably would have turned that double play that Vizquel had trouble with his footwork on. At least the Sox would have had a chance to lose the game in extra innings instead of losing 6-3 in 9 innings.

And as another poster pointed out, Nix only has had 6 PAs and Ozzie is throwing him under the bus for only having one base hit. Meanwhile, Kotsay is batting third today. I don't want to criticize Ozzie though, because then I guess I'll have to stop following the Sox and become a Cubs fan.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 07:37 AM)
If Kotsay and AJ don't do anything today but roll into GIDP's and weak outs, Ozzie will really be under some media and post-game call-in fire.

I really think he's trying to get fired. He keeps playing Vizquel 10 years too late.

Andruw Jones is our most dangerous hitter, and he's nowhere to be found for 2/3 games.

Right up there with Jones is Quentin...so great, let's take Jones, Quentin, Thome and Dye and replace them with:

Pierre/Kotsay/Vizquel/Teahen

I've never said this as a White Sox fan, but we DESERVE to lose if we're going to make completely ASININE line-ups. I know it MIGHT work, then Ozzie will be a genius for "shaking things up," but he's lost his marbles, his ego knows no bounds.

And Jayson Nix is just sitting there rotting away. It's 10X worse than what he did to Brian Anderson, Sean Tracey and Jon Rauch.

This post in essence says it all. Just a terrible waste of a fine pitching staff.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)
It's so hard for me to watch any inning when Juan Pierre comes up to bat.

Replace Pierre with Carl Crawford and Kotsay with Adrian Gonzalez and this roster might almost be Ozzie proof. But alas, we're locked into Pierre leading off in the majority of games for the next two years or until Ozzie is gone, whichever comes first.

I really don't get why some people are worried about the fate of Jayson Nix... or how Ozzie is treating him.

He's a bench player who is probably thrilled just to be earning a major league paycheck.

I highly doubt he thinks he's being 'mistreated'.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
Haha, well not a lot of optimism here and the game didn't even start yet, can't say I blame you that lineup is pretty bad today.

It's a good sign IMO.

The last time Ozzie put a really bad lineup together, there were 8 pages of bashing posts before the game calling for his head, and then we went out and scored 11 runs against Toronto.