GT: White Sox @ Indians, 4/18, 12:05, CSN

justBLAZE

C'mon, theres no way in hell we would trade Rios or Peavy unless blown away by an offer (which is highly unlikely). If anything, this team would be restructured once again, but also once again we are going to be hampered by a thin farm system, and contracts to bad players taking up too much salary (Pierre, Teahen, Linebrink, thats what, about 15-17 million?).

We have good building blocks, but weve handcuffed ourselves in alot of ways that could make it hard to restructure or rebuild.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
The thing about the 0-8 record when scoring 3 or less is more an indictment on the pitching staff than anything else. I mean, we all knew the offense would suck and low scoring games would be common place. But I think that most of us would think that with our pitching staff, we can pull some of these games out, at least some of the time. Even if we won 2 of those 8, we'd be 6-6 right now.

Basically, the pitching was supposed to carry this team. I don't think it has.

It's hard to have a ERA under 3, you can't expect that of your pitching staff for the whole year. The fact that our crappy ass offense is in most of these games is more indicative of our pitching staff doing its job.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 06:59 PM)
It's hard to have a ERA under 3, you can't expect that of your pitching staff for the whole year. The fact that our crappy ass offense is in most of these games is more indicative of our pitching staff doing its job.

Our starting pitching has underachieved so far. They've given us no chance to win in about 33% of the starts.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 12:54 PM)
Haha, yeah right....the Sox are stuck with those awful contracts.

That's the scary thing. How are we going to get better when we have 30 million dollars wrapped up in 2 average players. I hope to hell somebody is willing to take those contracts. It's the only hope we have over the next few seasons.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:00 PM)
Our starting pitching has underachieved so far. They've given us no chance to win in about 33% of the starts.

The Sox had a lead in the first 7 games. Until the game where Peavy gave up 7 runs, it was doing a fine job.

I've only counted 3 starts where our staff has not given us a chance to win. 3/13 is not a bad percentage.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 07:01 PM)
That's the scary thing. How are we going to get better when we have 30 million dollars wrapped up in 2 average players. I hope to hell somebody is willing to take those contracts. It's the only hope we have over the next few seasons.

Just like with Teahen, we just have to hope they turn it around.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:03 PM)

Well they can be above average and that's still too much money to have wrapped up in 2 players. We are going to have to make some major adjustments.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:03 PM)

I really have a problem with a team always concerned about budget giving Teahen that ridiculous extension. If the Sox didn't trade for him, there was an excellent chance he would have been non tendered.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
I really have a problem with a team always concerned about budget giving Teahen that ridiculous extension. If the Sox didn't trade for him, there was an excellent chance he would have been non tendered.

As much crap as Ozzie is getting, Kenny Williams has done a HORRIBLE job as our GM since the Quentin trade.