GT: White Sox @ Indians, 4/18, 12:05, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 10:01 PM)
"If Gordon Beckham is back at shortstop we're in big trouble. Missile is a much better SS." - Oz on his infield.

He was talking about who we'd put at 2b in the event of a Ramirez trade. In reality it would be Omar Vizquel. In truth, it should probably by Beckham at SS and Nix at 2b.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 09:06 PM)
He was talking about who we'd put at 2b in the event of a Ramirez trade. In reality it would be Omar Vizquel. In truth, it should probably by Beckham at SS and Nix at 2b.

Reading owns me, but I just mentioned it here because a lot of people like to bring up what if Beckham @ SS

Beckham and Nix makes the most sense of our internal options...they already tried Teahen (Royals) at 2B and it didn't take at all.

Heck, with as bad as things have gotten, I'd almost gamble on Beckham at SS and Sergio Santos at 2B.

Lillibridge always has a chance to get another go-around this year, but I hope they'd have the sense to look at Nix first, if Ramirez really tanked to the point where they had to do something. But I see him as having a "middling," 725 OPS season that doesn't end up getting him benched.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
"If Gordon Beckham is back at shortstop we're in big trouble. Missile is a much better SS." - Oz on his infield.

If it worked out like Beckham playing in 2009 meaning big trouble Beckham would probably be the best SS in team history. Hawk said Beckham would be great wherever they played him and I agree. He has the knack. Maybe his range would be a little compromised, but he would more than make up for it with baseball IQ. Personally, I'd rather have a guy like Beckham who has a clue on the baseball field over a more gifted but clueless defender in Ramirez. Sure Alexei can and does make plays no one else on the roster even comes close to, but that doesn't happen all that much. What does happen is he botches plays or has brain cramps far too often on the field. I like the idea of the SS being the leader of the infield. Beckham has that personality, Ramirez does not.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 10:07 PM)
Beckham would not be best SS in team history. Maybe best hitter who played SS.

He's certainly never going to be Aparicio or Carrasquel or Guillen or Uribe with the glove, but with his bat he would certainly be a force.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
He's certainly never going to be Aparicio or Carrasquel or Guillen or Uribe with the glove, but with his bat he would certainly be a force.

He is looking amazing at 2B right now, maybe a little work is needed on the DP turn, but his range is awesome.