GT: White Sox @ Indians, 4/18, 12:05, CSN

justBLAZE

Would we really offer the GM job to Stone?

Something needs to be done, but I would prefer to keep Williams over Guillen.

Seriously, I would rather see DJ, Ventura, McDowell, Fisk or even Lance Johnson managing this team over Guillen at this point.

I'd actually rather have Walker as the manager, too. Or Cooper. Just not Cora.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 06:25 PM)

Seriously, I would rather see DJ, Ventura, McDowell, Fisk or even Lance Johnson managing this team over Guillen at this point.

Fisk or maybe a Joe Morgan would be good

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 02:26 PM)
Fisk or maybe a Joe Morgan would be good

You're joking, right? I'd prefer to keep KW. If we don't. Interview Paul Depodesta, David Forst, Rick Hahn, Kim Nga, and Logan White.

For manager i'd like a guy like Davey Johnson.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:23 PM)
Beckham and Hudson were two guys whom Bell oversaw the development of. I suspect Danks will be the first true example. Bells loves him.

I'm not going to give Bell credit for Beckham. He was very advanced and a top of the line prospect when the Sox drafted him. The key for Sox minor leagues isn't Bell, its bringing in talent that can be developed, something that has been severely lacking.

Bell thinks highley of Oney Guillen. Just ask Oney.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 12:23 PM)
Tony Pena is too good to be wasted as a long man, wsox need to drop Randy already and call up Torres.

Deck chairs and lifeboats, meet the Titanic.

The irony is that we had a perfectly serviceable long innings guy in Carrasco, and spent that money on Vizquel/Kotsay/Pierre/Teahen instead. Well, that's about ITEM 13 or 14 on the offseason complaint list I guess.

But it created yet another problem in our bullpen, the lack of a long guy/innings eater.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:25 PM)

Just get Rick Hahn to take over.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
Deck chairs and lifeboats, meet the Titanic.

The irony is that we had a perfectly serviceable long innings guy in Carrasco, and spent that money on Vizquel/Kotsay/Pierre/Teahen instead. Well, that's about ITEM 13 or 14 on the offseason complaint list I guess.

But it created yet another problem in our bullpen, the lack of a long guy/innings eater.

We let Carrasco go, so he could be a starter. Now.... he's the long-man for the Pirates.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 06:27 PM)
You're joking, right? I'd prefer to keep KW. If we don't. Interview Paul Depodesta, David Forst, Rick Hahn, Kim Nga, and Logan White.

I am talking manager, but at the same time I am not suggesting that Ozzie be fired. It's just too early for that kind of talk. However, this start is very disappointing

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:29 PM)
say what you want about Williams but overall his tenure as GM has been one of the best decades in white sox history. 3 playoff appearances and a world series. This is the best in 90 years

2 playoff appearances from KW. 2000 was Schueler.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 12:27 PM)

Kim Nga would be perfect.

She started with the White Sox earlier in her administrative career. But it's a dream world to think she'll get the job...maybe we're another 5-10 years b4 that happens, the first female GM.

I would say Bobby Valentine, but I really don't like him that much.

I always liked Torborg, though...

MINNESOTA up 2-0 on the Twins and threatening for more. Hello 6 games back. It's just too bad there's no possible way for us to have an announced attendance under 10,000 with our season ticket base, but the actual will be in that area for the Mariners.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
I am talking manager, but at the same time I am not suggesting that Ozzie be fired. It's just too early for that kind of talk. However, this start is very disappointing

Joe Morgan would be worse then Ozzie as a manager. Far, far worse. For all of Ozzie's lunacies, those are some of Joe Morgan's direct impulses.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
Joe Morgan would be worse then Ozzie as a manager. Far, far worse. For all of Ozzie's lunacies, those are some of Joe Morgan's direct impulses.

at least he would have JOnes in the line up every day

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 06:31 PM)

He knows the game that's all I can say. Everyone that might be considered haa an upside and a downside. My first pick would be Fisk though

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:31 PM)
I have no problem with KW, I have a problem with KW listening to Ozzie.

I don't think Ozzie wanted Rios or Beckham on the team last year.

This is a guy who said if the Sox had to have Beckham on the team they would be in trouble, yet liked Wise in the leadoff spot. The team wasn't even .500 and they gave Ozzie even more power determining the roster this year. Whatever the reason for this is flawed. It could be KW just let him, which would be on him, or it could be JR.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:34 PM)
This is a guy who said if the Sox had to have Beckham on the team they would be in trouble, yet liked Wise in the leadoff spot. The team wasn't even .500 and they gave Ozzie even more power determining the roster this year. Whatever the reason for this is flawed. It could be KW just let him, which would be on him, or it could be JR.

I think Williams let Ozzie have his team this year and if he can't win with it, than he is gone.