GT: White Sox @ Indians, 4/18, 12:05, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 12:17 PM)
It's good to see that you're optimism isn't getting in the way of you seeing the giants holes in the current makeup of this team. Holes that they are demonstrating presently.

the implication is that I'm in denial. Could be, but 13 games into the season? Mid April? I just don't get the proclamations of death. Have you noticed that the bullpen has been and continues to be outstanding? That hitters are batting WAY below their career averages? Would you not concede that there is a slight possibility of them returning to the mean, even slightly? And if so, would it not make sense that they would start winning more games?

Patience is all I'm saying. But it is fun to read the hysterical rants.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
it gets even better: Ozzie's done irreparable harm to the team and its future, this season is a complete wash and disaster 13 games into the season and there's zero chance of this team turning it around. Ozzie is entirely to blame for the slow start at the plate and probably to blame for Gavin's lack of control today. I may have missed a few points, but that's about it.

A lot of venom is always tossed at the negative posters who add no value with their mindless whining about the team, but here is a perfect example of how blind optimism can provide just as little or even less inherent value.

No one here is blaming Ozzie for Gavin's horrendous start, but if I really wanted to be a spinmaster I could attribute his poor pitching to the pressure that is put on him by walking into the stadium and seeing Mark Kotsay in the three hole for the offense that is supposed to put up runs for you. Obviously a stretch, and I'm hardly serious, but I hope you see what I'm trying to do here.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
A lot of venom is always tossed at the negative posters who add no value with their mindless whining about the team, but here is a perfect example of how blind optimism can provide just as little or even less inherent value.

No one here is blaming Ozzie for Gavin's horrendous start, but if I really wanted to be a spinmaster I could attribute his poor pitching to the pressure that is put on him by walking into the stadium and seeing Mark Kotsay in the three hole for the offense that is supposed to put up runs for you. Obviously a stretch, and I'm hardly serious, but I hope you see what I'm trying to do here.

not much. and i would hardly characterize my post as venomous.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:29 PM)
Acta continues to just dominate Guillen this year. We played right into his hands by letting Pierre face the newly inserted Laffey.

Pierre has a higher OPS against LHP this year than RHP, and a higher career batting average against LHP.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 07:31 PM)
Pierre has a higher OPS against LHP this year than RHP, and a higher career batting average against LHP.

Yes, but you had the chance to get into a spot where Jones or Quentin could do damage in one AB. Pierre's version of damage is an infield single.