GT: White Sox @ Indians, 4/18, 12:05, CSN

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
Yup, that's the guy. The same .300 hitter that couldn't get off the bench for the LA Dodgers.

And who basically saved the Dodgers season last year when the $25 million juicer they had starting ahead of pierre got suspended.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:37 PM)
But you said it was worse! Not that it wasn't good! you said it was "worse"

Worse in that we actually gave something for him, I didn't mean that it was worse than his Dodger contract. Sorry for the confusion.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
And he's highly unlikely to stay that way.

Like I say above, doesn't matter if he hits .400 when we're 10 games out of first. We needed him these past two weeks and right now. Same goes fro 2-3 others.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
Yup, that's the guy. The same .300 hitter that couldn't get off the bench for the LA Dodgers. The current Juan Pierre is a far cry from what he was for the Marlins 5 years ago.

Manny Ramirez, Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
Like I say above, doesn't matter if he hits .400 when we're 10 games out of first. We needed him these past two weeks and right now. Same goes fro 2-3 others.

The season is not going to be lost in the first 3 weeks.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)

The Yankees were 6.5 out in the AL East last year on May 12.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
Manny Ramirez, Matt Kemp, Andre Ethier.

Who cares who was ahead of him? The guy has put up a .335+ OBP once once in the last 5 years. He's far from that this year. He's just not a good lead-off option, whether he's a career .300 hitter or not.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 02:38 PM)
And who basically saved the Dodgers season last year when the $25 million juicer they had starting ahead of pierre got suspended.

They were so thankful they traded him away for two mid level pitching prospects. The only thing they were thankful for was Pierre looked good enough to make the Sox deal for him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:40 PM)
Pierre is what he is. He'll get his singles and stolen bases, but he'll also make a ton of outs. He's not the biggest issue with this team, and I'll be surprised if he doesn't lead this team in batting average this season.

I will agree he's been a serious issue so far, because he's hitting around .200 on the season. But he's going to pull out of that, and only the fools say he won't.

QUOTE (Chisoxrd5 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:42 PM)
They were so thankful they traded him away for two mid level pitching prospects.

It's nice to be able to ignore extenuating circumstances isn't it. Like the owner's divorce mandating large cost-cutting steps, and the fact that they couldn't move their largest contract because the guy was caught juicing.

What are the odds the Royals can hold onto the same 7-3 lead over the Twins in the 4th?

60/40 in their favor?

Balta, I think we'll have a lot better idea about contending after we see which team shows up agains the Rays and Mariners at home.

Wow...bad luck and great play by Peralta, unusual for him.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
It would help morale if at least Oz batted Juan ninth.

Let Beckham lead off. Who cares if it's odd. Brian Downing used to lead off.

Beckham hasn't looked all that good to me so far either.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 07:42 PM)
I will agree he's been a serious issue so far, because he's hitting around .200 on the season. But he's going to pull out of that, and only the fools say he won't.

I just hope he gets his legs in the next few weeks, as he looks a step slow. I'm a lot more concerned about AJP's rapid decline of bat speed.

Balta, I think we'll have a lot better idea about contending after we see which team shows up agains the Rays and Mariners at home.

You know you are off to a s*** start when in April you are wondering who the team is playing next?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)

I still think he'll hit .280 this year and steal 45-50 bases. The problem is he's not a difference maker out there and he will also play horrible defense in the process.