GT: White Sox @ Indians, 4/18, 12:05, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:44 PM)
I just hope he gets his legs in the next few weeks, as he looks a step slow. I'm a lot more concerned about AJP's rapid decline of bat speed.

People have said that about AJP since 2006. He just isn't seeing anything right now.

Pierre's suddenly piling up meaningless SB's the last few games. He's up to 5/6 on the season

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
You guys may soon experience what we've had here in KC the last 20 years.

You want to go to a Tuesday game, sit in the 10th row/lower level and have the whole row to yourself and your buddy.

LOL, yeah. And that has nothing to do with it being April.

Balta, being serious, what is it about this year's team that keeps you sane, thinking "it's still early?"

I have never been this blah about a season because of the team's makeup. If you could give me a reason to get excited and believe, I would be most appreciative. Aside from the "it's early" argument.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 08:51 PM)
Why didn't we PH Andruw Jones for Vizquel there?

Oh, I forgot, we'd lose the favorable LHB/RHP match-up and actually have to play Nix.

Vizquel is a future HOFer. That would be disrespectful!

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
Can we trade Putz to the Twins and get back Revere or Hicks?

LOL.

I doubt Hicks...but if Rauch were to blow a couple in a row and Putz could get in a groove, they might actually consider that.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 03:55 PM)
Balta, being serious, what is it about this year's team that keeps you sane, thinking "it's still early?"

I have never been this blah about a season because of the team's makeup. If you could give me a reason to get excited and believe, I would be most appreciative. Aside from the "it's early" argument.

Guys who's numbers I expect to improve significantly:

Juan Pierre

Gordon Beckham

Carlos Quentin

Alexei Ramirez

Alex Rios (he's hit the ball hard right at so many people it's not even funny)

Guys I expect to go downwards

Teahen (only because his OBP is insane right now)

Jones

Guys that eventually are going to disappear from the 3 spot:

Mark Kotsay

Going into the season, I thought...if Rios and Teahen swing well and Quentin stays healthy, this team wins the Central. All 3 of those have happened so far. Team-slumps to start the season aren't abnormal. You guys called me out on the Yankees not having ARod last year when they were 6.5 back, but you know what? Tex was also hitting under .200.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
Guys who's numbers I expect to improve significantly:

Juan Pierre

Gordon Beckham

Carlos Quentin

Alexei Ramirez

Alex Rios (he's hit the ball hard right at so many people it's not even funny)

Guys I expect to go downwards

Teahen (only because his OBP is insane right now)

Jones

Guys that eventually are going to disappear from the 3 spot:

Mark Kotsay

Going into the season, I thought...if Rios and Teahen swing well and Quentin stays healthy, this team wins the Central. All 3 of those have happened so far. Team-slumps to start the season aren't abnormal. You guys called me out on the Yankees not having ARod last year when they were 6.5 back, but you know what? Tex was also hitting under .200.

Good stuff balta, but don't you wonder if the Twins are just a superior team to the Sox this season?