GT: White Sox @ Indians, 4/18, 12:05, CSN

justBLAZE

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
HAHA at whoever was at second base. They immediate rose their hands in the air.

The Indians are excited. They've beat us 5 out of 6 times. That must mean they are a good team. What? They only have 6 total wins? Nevermind.

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We've been told its nearly impossible to sweep a MLB team. The Sox are still sitting pretty today.

Stone said something interesting, the Sox just don't bore White Sox fans, they drew the smallest crowds EVER at each of the two destinations on this road trip.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
We've been told its nearly impossible to sweep a MLB team. The Sox are still sitting pretty today.

Stone said something interesting, the Sox just don't bore White Sox fans, they drew the smallest crowds EVER at each of the two destinations on this road trip.

It really is scary the ramifications that a disaster of a season will have on our payroll. But hey, we can afford to trade and sign AGon to an extension!!

QUOTE (Greg Hibbard @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 05:50 PM)
for the record, whenever the first "IN OR OUT???" thread is posted, put me down for OUT. This team is just so far away on so many levels.

I was being sincere when I asked that earlier, and I am out also This just isn't a good team, and worse than that, they have no enthusiasm on the field.

The thing about the 0-8 record when scoring 3 or less is more an indictment on the pitching staff than anything else. I mean, we all knew the offense would suck and low scoring games would be common place. But I think that most of us would think that with our pitching staff, we can pull some of these games out, at least some of the time. Even if we won 2 of those 8, we'd be 6-6 right now.

Basically, the pitching was supposed to carry this team. I don't think it has.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
Now it's starting to get to the point where we should be think about contingency plans. What could we get for Peavy and Rios? Let's blow it up and upgrade the farm.

Bryce Harper anyone?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
When does the statute of limitations expire on the KW and OG are geniuses because of 2005?

Last offseason...we need to bring back Brian Dalgin, didn't we win it all in his only season doing pre/post game?

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
Now it's starting to get to the point where we should be think about contingency plans. What could we get for Peavy and Rios? Let's blow it up and upgrade the farm.

I'm ready to go all out firesale and build around Danks, Santos, and Beckham. Not sure what to think about keeping Mark. I love Mark, but it might be best to get a lot for him and start over.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)

Haha, yeah right....the Sox are stuck with those awful contracts.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 12:52 PM)
The thing about the 0-8 record when scoring 3 or less is more an indictment on the pitching staff than anything else. I mean, we all knew the offense would suck and low scoring games would be common place. But I think that most of us would think that with our pitching staff, we can pull some of these games out, at least some of the time. Even if we won 2 of those 8, we'd be 6-6 right now.

Basically, the pitching was supposed to carry this team. I don't think it has.

I don't care how good your pitching staff is, if they can only give up 2 runs to win, with the Sox defense, that's asking for way too much.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:52 PM)
I was being sincere when I asked that earlier, and I am out also This just isn't a good team, and worse than that, they have no enthusiasm on the field.

unfortunately i have to watch baseball or i will lose mind so looks like it'll be alot of cubs game down the line since us fans dont know anything

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 05:54 PM)
I'm ready to go all out firesale and build around Danks, Santos, and Beckham. Not sure what to think about keeping Mark. I love Mark, but it might be best to get a lot for him and start over.

I'd root for a firesale, but KW's history of trading veteran players for prospects is beyond awful.

QUOTE (BaseballNick @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)
We aren't even "fun bad".

I'd say we're close to fun bad, atleast under my interpretation -- which is when a team tries desperately to win and compete yet is unable due to their awfulness. It's fun watching someone so overmatched go out and lose when they still think they have a chance. And I'm sure we'll hear all the right quotes in the paper concerning the month of the season, and how much time is left to right themselves.