GT: White Sox @ Indians, 4/18, 12:05, CSN

justBLAZE

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
As much crap as Ozzie is getting, Kenny Williams has done a HORRIBLE job as our GM since the Quentin trade.

Peavy, Rios, Flowers, hiring Buddy Bell, Drafting Danksy 2, Hudson and Beckham (with Laumann). Not that terrible.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:08 PM)
Peavy, Rios, Flowers, hiring Buddy Bell, Drafting Danksy 2, Hudson and Beckham (with Laumann). Not that terrible.

Wait, which of those things is really good? Beckham and Hudson?

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:02 PM)
The Sox had a lead in the first 7 games. Until the game where Peavy gave up 7 runs, it was doing a fine job.

I've only counted 3 starts where our staff has not given us a chance to win. 3/13 is not a bad percentage.

"Chance to win" is different than shutting the other team down. Obviously you can't ask them to pitch shutouts all the time but still. Cleveland scored 2 runs in 4 games against Texas and Detroit. They're a terrible offense. Only in Buehrle's first start did we hold them under 3 runs. That's 1 out of 6 games, whereas against other teams they were held under 3 runs in 4 out of 6 games.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)
As much crap as Ozzie is getting, Kenny Williams has done a HORRIBLE job as our GM since the Quentin trade.

That's because he's listening to a man with a middle school education from a third world country.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)
"Chance to win" is different than shutting the other team down. Obviously you can't ask them to pitch shutouts all the time but still. Cleveland scored 2 runs in 4 games against Texas and Detroit. They're a terrible offense. Only in Buehrle's first start did we hold them under 3 runs. That's 1 out of 6 games, whereas against other teams they were held under 3 runs in 4 out of 6 games.

When your starting pitching is allowing 3 runs in 6-7 innings, they're giving you a chance to win. You can't expect the entire pitching staff to post sub-3 ERAs, that's just unrealistic.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:07 PM)

Both Ozzie and KW like Ditka, living off 2005. If the ball doesn't go through Tony G's legs and El Duque actually gives up a couple of runs that year, the two baseball geniuses that people actually shed tears thanking, are nothing more than failures.

I just want that "how many championships" has whoever won argument gone. That's in the past. It doesn't take much baseball IQ to figure out the line ups last year and this were lacking. Ozzie can pop off about fans all he wants. The proof is in the pudding. He's losing.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
Wait, which of those things is really good? Beckham and Hudson?

I know you hate Rios, but are you seriously writing off Peavy, right now? Not to mention hiring Buddy Bell to dramatically improve our minor league system?

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:12 PM)
Both Ozzie and KW like Ditka, living off 2005. If the ball doesn't go through Tony G's legs and El Duque actually gives up a couple of runs that year, the two baseball geniuses that people actually shed tears thanking, are nothing more than failures.

I just want that "how many championships" has whoever won argument gone. That's in the past. It doesn't take much baseball IQ to figure out the line ups last year and this were lacking. Ozzie can pop off about fans all he wants. The proof is in the pudding. He's losing.

OMG the whining on these boards is incredible when we're slumping.

2005 was a fluke now? One of the most dominant playoff performances ever.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)
I know you hate Rios, but are you seriously writing off Peavy, right now? Not to mention hiring Buddy Bell to dramatically improve our minor league system?

I'll believe the Buddy Bell impact when I see it at the major league level.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 07:14 PM)

Peavy would have to be near Cy Young caliber to earn his contract. That was always a longshot for him in the AL. And Buddy Bell won't be able to do much with our minor leagues if we don't spend money and keep trading away prospects.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)

I think you're missing the point in this one.

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:17 PM)

That's not what I said. There were a couple of plays that if they were different, and KW and Ozzie had nothing to do with, that the attitude that they can do no wrong would be 180 degrees different right now.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 01:14 PM)

I think I'd rather have Richard, Poreda and 16 million back to plug up the tons of holes that we have on this team, yes. If we are paying Peavy 16 million f***ing dollars a year he better put up a sub 3 ERA.

PS, I think I'd love RIos if he wasn't if he was making about 6-7 million less.

Edited by jphat007

Yeah, I think the Iguchi homer off Wells was the key.

You can argue that, or the Josh Paul/Pierzysnki/Escobar incident...followed by Crede winning that game with the smash to left.

Everything went right that offseason, except for Contreras, the best pitcher in baseball at the time, losing to Paul Byrd.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 02:17 PM)
I'll believe the Buddy Bell impact when I see it at the major league level.

Beckham and Hudson were two guys whom Bell oversaw the development of. I suspect Danks will be the first true example. Bells loves him.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 06:18 PM)
Peavy would have to be near Cy Young caliber to earn his contract. That was always a longshot for him in the AL. And Buddy Bell won't be able to do much with our minor leagues if we don't spend money and keep trading away prospects.

No I think Peavey can be abig winer in the AL. It is much tougher for a pitcher to suceed in the AL than in the NL, but Peavey is a quality top notch hurler. I am more worried about the offense. I agree with the rest of your comment though

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 18, 2010 -> 02:23 PM)
Tony Pena is too good to be wasted as a long man, wsox need to drop Randy already and call up Torres.

This is true, We need a long releiver. We can no longer afford to assume that our starters make a long-man unneeded. DFA Randy and call-up Torres.