Where you met your significant other?

maggsmaggs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At a burlesque show at Fizz on Lincoln Ave. It was a mutual friend's birthday and a large group of friends went there to celebrate.

EDIT: She was not in the show. She was one of the people that met up to celebrate the b-day. :P

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 04:38 PM)
We were both in a wedding of mutual friends in Carbondale. They are now divorced, and we will be together 7 years in September, but are not married.

Was the wedding at Touch of Nature? Thats where every one of my friends got married. I think I went to at least 4 weddings there in my time in Cdale

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 04:46 PM)
Was the wedding at Touch of Nature? Thats where every one of my friends got married. I think I went to at least 4 weddings there in my time in Cdale

No, but I have been to weddings out there. Its really nice if the weather cooperates.

Students in grad school together, although she was from the wrong side of the tracks as it were. She was a Biological Oceanography major while I was a Marine Biology major. It's utterly amazing we were able to find enough in common to bridge that huge divide in academic interests, I know.

We actually didn't start dating until more than a year later. I was supposed to be meeting a different girl out at a bar but I had car trouble and had to hoof it so she left before I got there. My future wife was sitting at a table with friends and the seat next to her was empty so I sat down and we went from there.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 09:22 AM)
Apparently she doesn't mind guys who haven't showered in a week. I'm a lucky man.

:headbang I will always remember laying in a tent, a storm howling outside, the tent bending to almost breaking, collapsing down on us, and she is laughing :wub: .

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)
I found my wife in a thrift store.

How many did you rummage through until you found the right one for the right price?

Sorry brother.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 12:49 PM)

How many did you rummage through until you found the right one for the right price?

Sorry brother.

Shows how much you know, they're all too expensive