Where you met your significant other?

maggsmaggs

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 01:30 PM)
The basement at Kam's. Not exactly the basement of the Alamo, but it's pretty close.

How did you get her off the floor? Not dissing your moves, but that floor is gross, stickiest floor you will ever step on.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 07:33 PM)
How did you get her off the floor? Not dissing your moves, but that floor is gross, stickiest floor you will ever step on.

Yep, it was a sorority function when smoking was still allowed inside. It was like trying to survive in a fire.

blackplanet.com before it started sucking. I was in Iraq at the time and I just kind of randomly stumbled across her page and started talking to her, and she responded, and it went from there. Although she flew to Chicago to see me when I got back and took leave I never expected to actually date her, let alone marry her. Then a couple months later I decided to reenlist and change duty stations to Maryland, where she lived (I had been stationed in Georgia at the time, and this was all coincidental and I didn't plan it) and one thing led to another.

Funny b/c I used to use BP just to hook up with women, not actually find girlfriends... lol. I must've met 10 different women off there... yeah, I got around probably more than I should have

QUOTE (lostfan @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 11:39 PM)
Funny b/c I used to use BP just to hook up with women, not actually find girlfriends... lol. I must've met 10 different women off there... yeah, I got around probably more than I should have

You were a living stereotype.

;)

Came back drunk one night at about 2 or 3 in the morning, wasn't ready to go to bed, my roommate was sleeping, and she was the only person awake on the floor with her door open. We ended up sitting around and talking for a couple hours before heading to bed, and we made it a weekly ritual. Truth be told, I had nonchalantly talked to her a bit before then, but that was the initial conversation that sparked our relationship.

I met my now wife on MatchMaker.com back in 2002 (I think it is now a completely differant site). This was before meeting people online was largely socially acceptable. She was at school in South Dakota (she grew up in Iowa) and I was going to Columbia College in Chicago. She is the one who contacted me... said I looked like a teady bear. We married in 2005. Celebrating 5 years in August.

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 09:51 PM)
I met my now wife on MatchMaker.com back in 2002 (I think it is now a completely differant site). This was before meeting people online was largely socially acceptable. She was at school in South Dakota (she grew up in Iowa) and I was going to Columbia College in Chicago. She is the one who contacted me... said I looked like a teady bear. We married in 2005. Celebrating 5 years in August.

Which school?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 07:40 AM)
University of South Dakota

Kinda figured so, we have a ton of people from Iowa here. I'm sure she was happy to get the hell out of Vermillion though, as this place can lull people to sleep if they aren't careful.

I was in the Coast Guard stationed in Baltimore, and she was working for the DOT (in the Chicago office) as an auditor. I was attending a class she was auditing. I asked her to dinner and to "show her around Baltimore" the second day of class. We were engaged 3 months later and married less than a year after that. It was a long distance relationship until I got transferred to Chicago a month before the wedding.