AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!

southsider2k5

QUOTE (joesaiditstrue @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 11:12 PM)
2-0 in 3 starts, 1.29 ERA, 0.86 WHIP, 21.0 IP, 21 SO, 6 BB

decent.

He put up similar stats after 3 starts last year. And he simply owns TB. And if tonight doesn't prove Andruw Jones should be the primary DH against LH AND RH pitching, I don't know what to say.

I was quite impressed with Danks. His stuff was filthy at times, especially the changeup and cutter. Many of the Rays' hitters looked lost.

Nice triple by Rios. The Rios of last year may not have run that hard...or may not have even hit the ball. I think the guy is back.

What more can we say about Jones. The guy needs to play everyday.

Paulie going 3 for 4 with a HR. Nice.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)
BTW, what was the attendance tonight? Just curious. I didn't see it in the box score at MLB.com.

19,260. Hmmmm.....

On a Tuesday, on a cool night, in April, against a team with no national following to speak of, with the team playing like s*** at 4-9. Still almost 20k. I'd actually call that impressive, and it shows you how far this organization has come in the past decade or so. Wasn't that many years ago that games like this would draw 11k, not 19k.

I think baseball purists have an appreciation for the overall talent of the Rays, but how many of them are going to see the game because of that? They're coming off a rare road sweep of the Boston Red Sox in Fenway, that might cause some to stand up and take notice of the opposing team...perhaps.

They're a fun team to watch though, compared to many....one of the most exciting squads in baseball these days.

I mean, if I was in CLE/TOR/BALT/KC/OAK, I'd much rather see the Rays play than to go to see the White Sox when they came to town, trying to be objective about it.

It would be interesting to see our bump in road attendance in 2006 (coming off WS win) compared to some other recent seasons.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 07:32 AM)
On a Tuesday, on a cool night, in April, against a team with no national following to speak of, with the team playing like s*** at 4-9. Still almost 20k. I'd actually call that impressive, and it shows you how far this organization has come in the past decade or so. Wasn't that many years ago that games like this would draw 11k, not 19k.

Plus there was another City team in a playoff game at the same time...

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 20, 2010 -> 09:43 PM)
White Sox 4-1 on Monday and Wednesday.

BTW, what was the attendance tonight? Just curious. I didn't see it in the box score at MLB.com.

19,260. Hmmmm.....

i was there and it seemed like a lot less than that. out of the park and home in 15 minutes, might have been a record

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 07:40 AM)
I think baseball purists have an appreciation for the overall talent of the Rays, but how many of them are going to see the game because of that? They're coming off a rare road sweep of the Boston Red Sox in Fenway, that might cause some to stand up and take notice of the opposing team...perhaps.

They're a fun team to watch though, compared to many....one of the most exciting squads in baseball these days.

I mean, if I was in CLE/TOR/BALT/KC/OAK, I'd much rather see the Rays play than to go to see the White Sox when they came to town, trying to be objective about it.

It would be interesting to see our bump in road attendance in 2006 (coming off WS win) compared to some other recent seasons.

Fairweather fans fill up ballparks. Yes, there are quite a few die hards in every crowd, but in general, you market to the common man. Fairweather fans don't want to come and see you play Tampa, no matter how good they are.