Have you ever gone to a game by yourself?

dmbjeff

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never done it but I dont see a problem with it. Sometimes I wish I was by myself instead of with the people I was there with (particularly the ex g/f, so annoying). Go enjoy yourself and get a White Sox Winner!

Edited by soxfan3530

I think the question should be have I ever gone to a game with someone. I go all the time by myself. I always end up striking up conversation or high 5ing somebody. It's cool. And like the earlier post said you don't have to worry about anyone else's schedule.

I went to the Blackout game by myself because my girlfriend said it was too cold. Needless to say she missed out.

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 11:50 AM)
I really want to go to the game tonight, but I have no one to go with. Has anyone ever gone by themselves? Is this socially acceptable?

Absolutely.

When I was in college (in Milwaukee), I used to see the stadium bus go by...

I'd check my pocket to make sure I had enough cash...

Then spontaneously decide to go (blowing off class usually) and dash to the bus. LOL.

Saw lots of games that way.

I know alot of other people who did too.

So... GO!

QUOTE (dmbjeff @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
Thanks for all the support guys. I think I will go. Now if I can just score a parking pass for less than $23 bucks.

I split a full season ticket package with a handful of people. The guy who has tonight's game might not be able to go. If the ticket is available, it's yours and you can just pay for parking on your own. Better yet, depending where you live, just park near a red or green line stop that is just one or two stops from the park. Parking is much cheaper and getting out of Chinatown or museum campus area can be easier than Sox park. I sent him an email and will let you know what I hear.

The thought that going to stuff alone isn't socially acceptable is kind of a silly myth. It takes away the idea (which a couple of people in this thread have mentioned they've done) of just spontaneously doing something fun, even if you can't find somebody to go with on short notice. Nobody is going to laugh at you or point at you for going by yourself, so I'd say do it.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:28 PM)
I can just picture people pointing and laughing at him and we are telling him to go it will be fine. LOL

I don't think i've ever been to a sporting event by myself. But I've gone to movies and things of that nature alone and there was no problem, so I can't imagine it'd be much different. And besides, in the unlikely event somebody does such a thing, a person that points and laughs is probably just an asshole not worth worrying about anyways.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)
I don't think i've ever been to a sporting event by myself. But I've gone to movies and things of that nature alone and there was no problem, so I can't imagine it'd be much different. And besides, in the unlikely event somebody does such a thing, a person that points and laughs is probably just an asshole not worth worrying about anyways.

Especially in Shipps case.

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:29 PM)
I'd have no problem doing it but I just don't think I would really enjoy it. I think I would get bored after a few innings

This. Never have myself.. I'm not that lame. :P But I guess I can say the closest I went with my little brother and he is a pretty quiet kid...

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:34 PM)

Totally dude, I was just joking. Imagine like 30 thousand pointing and laughing at him though.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
Totally dude, I was just joking. Imagine like 30 thousand pointing and laughing at him though.

Haha I knew you were joking, but I wasn't sure if the dude that started the thread would realize it. Apparently I'm in a nice mood today or something? Anyways, 30 thousand people pointing and laughing would be pretty impressive. They put you on the scoreboard and the whole place just busts out. Make an entertaining in between innings.

QUOTE (SHIPPS @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)

I could imagine Gene Honda pointing it out over the P.A. with the entire place busting out laughing and pointing. And then he gets up and starts telling everyone to stop and starts running and jumps over the railing of the upper deck.....a quiet pause from the crowd...and then they burst out laughing again.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 03:39 PM)
I could imagine Gene Honda pointing it out over the P.A. with the entire place busting out laughing and pointing. And then he gets up and starts telling everyone to stop and starts running and jumps over the railing of the upper deck.....a quiet pause from the crowd...and then they burst out laughing again.

HEY WHITE SOX FANS: PLEASE DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TO SECTION 148, ROW 14, SEAT 5 - THAT'S ONE LONELY f***ER THERE , HE MUST HAVE NO FRIENDS - BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

QUOTE (knightni @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 02:42 PM)
ATTENTION WHITE SOX FANS: PLEASE DIRECT YOUR ATTENTION TO SECTION 148, ROW 14, SEAT 5 - THAT'S ONE LONELY f***ER THERE , HE MUST HAVE NO FRIENDS - BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

I can't picture the always collected, voice of god sounding Gene Honda saying this. It'd be pretty awesome though.

"One more time, can we get a big round of laughter at that lonely mother f***er in row 14!"

Edited by whitesoxfan101

I go to most of the Sox@Rays games down here by myself. I can usually drag my family out for one game but I fly solo for the others. I've also seen games by myself at Fenway, Miami, and the Phillies park (Citizens Bank I think it's called). They've all been a blast.