4-21 Gamethread White Sox Vs. Rays

joejoedairy

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 06:29 PM)
I'm done caring. There's a quality major league team in Minnesota going to the playoffs this year. And there's a mismatched bunch of veterans led by an idiot manager, playing bad baseball on the south side of Chicago. When Reinsdorf allows things to be fixed, I'll start caring again.

and if they win tomorrow they take the series from the best team in the AL right now

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)
and if they win tomorrow they take the series from the best team in the AL right now

Yeah it's too much to ask that they don't get blown out by 8 or 9 runs tonight.

This team HAS to be able to keep the opponent from piling runs on us, and keep the game close. We don't have the type of offense to come back from huge deficits like this. You can turn this game off now btw, it's over.

I'm done caring. There's a quality major league team in Minnesota going to the playoffs this year. And there's a mismatched bunch of veterans led by an idiot manager, playing bad baseball on the south side of Chicago. When Reinsdorf allows things to be fixed, I'll start caring again.

I wouldn't say I don't care. My expectations were lowered so so much after our awful start that I'm not getting worked up at all.

I care, but I don't believe is what I'm saying.

White Sox Baseball in 2010 has followed the same formula: mediocre starting pitching and seemingly every other game, we have 9 straight hitters retired. 6 games out this early is awful, and there's really not much that can be done. However, AJP should not be batting 5th. He should be batting 8th or 9th.

And it won't mean anything. This team is going to be a .500 team at best, and that's unacceptabole for their payroll. Meanwhile, the Twins are winning every series, beating the bad teams in the division. Quality GM, manager, lineup, rotation, bullpen, and bench. They are the class of the division, and that's a fact. It's sad to say, but it's true.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 08:30 PM)

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
White Sox Baseball in 2010 has followed the same formula: mediocre starting pitching and seemingly every other game, we have 9 straight hitters retired. 6 games out this early is awful, and there's really not much that can be done. However, AJP should not be batting 5th. He should be batting 8th or 9th.

He should be batting 13th. 5 WSox regulars have under 4 RBI this year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
The thing is someone is going to look at Mark's statline and think he pitched badly tonight.

Good teams take advantage of walks and bloops. I'd love to have some bloops right about now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:37 AM)
The thing is someone is going to look at Mark's statline and think he pitched badly tonight.

He didn't? When you don't strike hitters out, you run the risk of bloopers. We've seen dozens of games like this from Buehrle, and we'll continue to see them. He is what he is. Against good teams, he often struggles.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)

White Sox defense has to improve if they are going with this NL style. Buehrle also has to pitch over mistakes, something he's really had trouble doing the past couple of seasons, but tonight it was a bunch of bloops and dinks.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 21, 2010 -> 07:39 PM)
He didn't? When you don't strike hitters out, you run the risk of bloopers. We've seen dozens of games like this from Buehrle, and we'll continue to see them. He is what he is. Against good teams, he often struggles.

It would have been a whole different story if the golden boy called a ball.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 02:41 AM)
They had to get Davis early when he couldn't find the plate. NOw they have to wait for him to hit his pitch count.

Tampa has a pretty damn good pen with Soriano anchoring them. They're the best team in the AL, IMO.