4/22 GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+2, WSCR 670

SoxAce

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:17 PM)
Why Peavy is not showing me anything. At least Zambrano will take the ball every 5th day and give your team a chance.

Peavy looks like he does not want to pitch. As goofy as Zambrano is he keeps his team in the game and has intensity which this team sorely lacks.

Peavy had one nice start and nothing in the other 3. He is not even giving his team a chance to win.

Yeah you're right. That must be why they moved him into the f***ing bullpen, because he was so dominant as a starter they felt sorry for the other teams

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:20 PM)
Yeah, 3-2 is insurmountable. :huh:

People seriously need to get off the ledge before you get a hernia.

I....guess you can maybe get a hernia from standing on a ledge, but that's not a very good way to make your point. Please try again.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:25 PM)
Yeah you're right. That must be why they moved him into the f***ing bullpen, because he was so dominant as a starter they felt sorry for the other teams

Ya they moved him because it makes perfect baseball sense. They have two guys with pen experience and yet they are not moved.

Performance has nothing to do with that move.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
Ya they moved him because it makes perfect baseball sense. They have two guys with pen experience and yet they are not moved.

Performance has nothing to do with that move.

hahahahahah riiiiiiiiiiight. Are you a Cubs fan? Dempster was a closer, why not move him there?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
So is it time to start considering Carlos a 1 year fluke.

im as big of a quentin backer as there is...but even i have to say that its time to start considering it, yes..

even though i think the guy has the talent repeat that performance

It is only 3-2, but the way this team has been laying it might as well be 20-2. I guess we should be glad we aren't the Pirates today 20-0 losers to the Beer Crew. We might be able to come back but they didn't have a chance

Jake's velocity is up, he's thrown some nasty sliders....he just doesn't have his command tonight. It looks much less like nibbling to me than just not having a feel for the ball. A guy doesn't put up the numbers he has over the course of his career by nibbling, he busts out dominant stuff. If his stuff is inconsistent, as it is tonight, he's going to struggle. I can't believe y'all are so dismissive of a guy with a hell of a track record. What I'm seeing tonight has absolutely nothing to do with what league he's in, an injury, or confidence...he simply has not found his groove yet. Toronto was obviously his post-spring dead arm period and now he's working on getting everything back in synch.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 02:27 AM)
So is it time to start considering Carlos a 1 year fluke.

I've been wondering that as well. Maybe another hitting coach would be able to help him out. Farmer and DJ have been ripping on Quentin's stance lately.

I seriously believe AJ and Peavy are going to be in some form of altercation before it's all said and done this season. Jake has yet to show me that he enjoys being a Sox.

If he's going to constantly call off AJ, eventually it'll be in the papers about these 2

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 02:30 AM)
Jake's velocity is up, he's thrown some nasty sliders....he just doesn't have his command tonight. It looks much less like nibbling to me than just not having a feel for the ball. A guy doesn't put up the numbers he has over the course of his career by nibbling, he busts out dominant stuff. If his stuff is inconsistent, as it is tonight, he's going to struggle. I can't believe y'all are so dismissive of a guy with a hell of a track record. What I'm seeing tonight has absolutely nothing to do with what league he's in, an injury, or confidence...he simply has not found his groove yet. Toronto was obviously his post-spring dead arm period and now he's working on getting everything back in synch.

I'd give the veteran the benefit of the doubt

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:29 PM)
Yeah, it seemed like he was pissed. We won't hear the last of this.

He should be pissed....AJ had plenty of time to get in position to make an out at first. AJ is really starting to piss me off both behind the plate and at the plate, he doesn't even look like he's trying to frame pitches tonight to get some generous calls.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 02:30 AM)

His track record was in the NL in a mediocre division in the greatest pitcher's park ever invented. His numbers could be a lot worse this year, as there have been a ton of hard hit balls against him right at people.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:26 PM)
Which team are you following? We're all watching the White Sox game.

My bad for not flipping s*** about our former Cy Young pitcher, and one of the aces of the league having a rough start to the season. 4 starts down, 30+ to go. I'm not going to freak out and start wishing we never traded for him or say he is awful and can't pitch in the AL. Call me levelheaded I guess.