4/22 GT: Rays vs. White Sox. 7:10 PM Central Time, CSN+2, WSCR 670

SoxAce

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:38 AM)
An ace gives your team a chance to win every night.

It's 3-2 so we do have chance, but your definition might leave is with a handful of pitchers through MLB history. I understand what you are saying though

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
No, but NL hitters will make a lot of pitchers look a lot better than they are. What about all the scouts worried in the Spring about how much his stuff had seemingly deteriorated. Very few pitchers can throw as many sliders as he did for so many years in their 20s without losing their stuff quickly. Smoltz is basically an anomaly, and that's only cause he went to the bullpen.

You're right, dude...he's washed up and I too wish we still had Clayton Richard.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
Seriously, STFU people. You are the same guys that were busy talking about how awful Floyd was last year and what a joke of a pitcher he was too when he started rough. Give it a rest people. You are ruining the game thread.

Sorry but there is not much to talk about.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:41 PM)
Seriously, STFU people. You are the same guys that were busy talking about how awful Floyd was last year and what a joke of a pitcher he was too when he started rough. Give it a rest people. You are ruining the game thread.

The Sox ruined this game thread, and many others, by being bad.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 07:41 PM)

:headbang :notworthy

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)

No one is willing to chat, so this is your punishment.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 02:41 AM)
You're right, dude...he's washed up and I too wish we still had Clayton Richard.

Never said he was washed up...it's just there were a lot of warning signs that he could struggle. And yes, I'd rather have Richard, the prospects, and 15 million than Peavy. I was also a much bigger fan than most of Richard.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
It's 3-2 so we do have chance, but your definition might leave is with a handful of pitchers through MLB history. I understand what you are saying though

He will barely make it 5 innings same as the Indian game from his first start. If the offense is not working a five inning 3 run start is not good.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
Sorry but there is not much to talk about.

And talking about what a piece of s*** this team is ok. Talking about how Peavy is completely worthless, etc. How about some perspective people. I'm dissapointed but get yourselves in control cause these game threads are flat out embarrassing and to be quite frank ignorant.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:44 AM)
Like the Twins, the Rays are a team with superior talent.

Pure and simple. We can't win with smoke and mirrors again.

Agreed, they have 5 hitters that might be better than anyone we have. Their 5 man rotation is great now that they've gotten rid of Sonnanstine.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 01:45 AM)
Peavy is just pitching like a p**** tonight. I said TONIGHT, not the entire season, or for the remainder of his time here

I'd love to know his strike percentage on that change-up he's throwing.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 05:41 PM)
The Sox ruined this game thread, and many others, by being bad.

No, comments that add absolutely zero value to the discussion are awful. Statements like he doesn't have 4 starts to figure it out, etc. He's got a Cy Young, was brilliant in 4 starts last year, and hasn't been near as bad this year as some of you guys seem to indicate. So when you take a game thread and spout the same stuff 1000 times that isn't even accurate or have a shred of fact to it, that is what ruins the game thread, because it fills the game thread with unintelligent nonsense.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)
And talking about what a piece of s*** this team is ok. Talking about how Peavy is completely worthless, etc. How about some perspective people. I'm dissapointed but get yourselves in control cause these game threads are flat out embarrassing and to be quite frank ignorant.

It is just a way to pass the time as the game progresses. Tampa is good and this lineup could not be worse. The tone was set when he blew a two run lead by walking 6 guys.

The thread should be as embarassing as the lineup, it is almost there.