4/22 games

NorthSideSox72

Charlotte @ Durham, 6:05pm CT, no pitcher announced yet but looks like Hudson's (2-0, 3.27) turn

Jax @ B-Ham, 7:05pm CT, Cassel (0-0, 0.00) gets another start

W-S @ MB, 6:05pm CT, Griffith (2-0, 1.38) starting

Kanny @ Rome, 6:00pm CT, Wickswat (0-2, 10.57) starting

Edited by scenario

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 11:40 AM)
Who is Wickswat? Sounds like Sam's name from Transformers....

Hope Griffith can continue to make progress. We need 2-3 "DeLosSantos"-es to emerge from the Kannapolis and Winston-Salem rosters this year.

Matt Wickswat, 2008 NDFA, 23 yo, put up very solid numbers with GF last year.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 11:20 AM)
I see that Jimmy Ballinger was finally moved to the pen. Hopefully, this will help him focus on throwing strikes.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 11:22 AM)
5 BB in 8 IP so far, so, not so much. But he's allowing a lot fewer hits, which is good.

Yea they are doing the same with Infante, which I'm almost guaranteeing he'll be in the rotation next year. Going the "Nate Jones" route with these pitchers to find consistency and confidence.

My team, W-S, having a great season so far. I told most of you they will probably be our best minor league affiliate. So much talent, though I like Charlotte alot too. (Ozzie Ball's team) I just like W-S more.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Yea they are doing the same with Infante, which I'm almost guaranteeing he'll be in the rotation next year. Going the "Nate Jones" route with these pitchers to find consistency and confidence.

My team, W-S, having a great season so far. I told most of you they will probably be our best minor league affiliate. So much talent, though I like Charlotte alot too. (Ozzie Ball's team) I just like W-S more.

Don't take this the wrong way, but, pretty much everyone saw that one coming as well. :headbang

We'll see how Infante does in the pen. He hasn't pitched enough to judge by, yet, this year.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 01:56 PM)
Don't take this the wrong way, but, pretty much everyone saw that one coming as well. :headbang

Naw, a ton of people I remember loved Charlotte and rightfully so. I just thought W-S had more talent all around, but I liked Charlotte a ton too. Thats why I called Charlotte Ozzie Ball's team since he loves them. (yes the poster, not Ozzie haha)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
Naw, a ton of people I remember loved Charlotte and rightfully so. I just thought W-S had more talent all around, but I liked Charlotte a ton too. Thats why I called Charlotte Ozzie Ball's team since he loves them. (yes the poster, not Ozzie haha)

Yeah I didn't think that Dash offense would be good enough for them to be an elite Carolina League team this year but they've really surprised me. Charlotte's pitching hasn't been as good as I was expecting either. Still early going though.

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
Yeah I didn't think that Dash offense would be good enough for them to be an elite Carolina League team this year but they've really surprised me. Charlotte's pitching hasn't been as good as I was expecting either. Still early going though.

Yes it is my good man. ;)

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 03:13 PM)

My exact thoughts.

The Dash's offense has been a surprise.

And the Knights pitching has been a disappointment so far.

Winston-Salem Dash (2009-present); Winston-Salem Warthogs (1995-2008); Winston-Salem Spirits (1984-1994); Winston-Salem Red Sox (1961-1983)

I was half right, lol.

I should have remembered Warthogs though...that name change happened the 2nd year I was working for the Augusta GreenJackets. We'd just changed our name from the Pirates for marketing purposes.

I'll never forget the day GM Ron Wolf sent us a bunch of Packers hats in the mail and asked for some of our merchandise in trade...he is a huge golf fan, apparently. I saw the package and was like "what the hell, why is someone in Green Bay sending us a box?"

QUOTE (DirtySox @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 07:02 PM)
Trayce has hit his 3rd HR of the season.

Thompson is being extra awesome right now.

If he keeps this up, chances he makes Winston-Salem?

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
Bad start for Hudson.

4.1 inn

7 hits

8 runs

4 earned (error by Lillibridge)

4 bb

2 k

1 hr

Peavy is rubbing off on him, blech.

QUOTE (flavum @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:16 PM)
Another great start for Nevin Griffith. In progress:

7 inn

3 hits

0 runs

2 bb

5 k

Hooray good pitching lines!

Edited by Quinarvy