4/22 games

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 08:33 PM)
This. Unless he's hitting like .450 by June (or a 1.000+ OPS), he's got a good one year ticket to stay in Kanny the whole year.

I'm not opposed to giving him 100ab's at W-S provided he 1. keeps mashing at Kanny 2. cuts his k rate and 3. shows that he could use the challenge (this is a much more subjective measure here and totally up to the team's coaches and the Sox brain trust.) I'd hate to see him crushing the ball at Kanny all season and get bored, when you get bored you stop growing, learning, and getting better.

That being said I don't think that there are too many people in and out the organization who at the beginning of the season wouldn't have been ecstatic if you told them that he'd have 3 HR's and 2B's through his first 25 ab this year, myself included.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:50 PM)
That being said I don't think that there are too many people in and out the organization who at the beginning of the season wouldn't have been ecstatic if you told them that he'd have 3 HR's and 2B's through his first 25 ab this year, myself included.

I don't think they would be too many people saying he would be in Kanny at all really. I don't know if we should thank Shoemaker for struggling or what (Thompson was Great Falls bound prior). I'm still shocked he's doing this as I thought he was much too raw to be this good this early, but we hear of the strong work ethic which is nice to see. I agree with your above points, but as you said, he still has alot of flaws that I just don't see him correcting all in each level with different hitting coaches. We'll see though. I'm his biggest fan as a prospect (not counting my friends who are playing in current minors now), so you know I'm rooting for him.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 07:35 AM)
Talk about rough starts... Dale Mollenhauer is hitting .089 for B-Ham in his first 11 games. And none of his 4 hits are XBH.

It may be time for Drew Garcia and Mollenhauer to swap places. Justin Fuller is even worse, .074.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 09:08 AM)
It may be time fro Drew Garcia and Mollenhauer to swap places. Justin Fuller is even worse, .074.

Fuller is just a utility guy anyway. Garcia has the hot hand and might actually bring something to the table.

Really though, none of these guys we're talking about are likely to ever see the bigs.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 09:29 AM)
Fuller is just a utility guy anyway. Garcia has the hot hand and might actually bring something to the table.

Really though, none of these guys we're talking about are likely to ever see the bigs.

Fuller and Mollenhauer are platooning... :angry: The Barons need some punch bad. Garcia and Mollenhauer are the same age, so it wouldn't be a big deal. I know they're not going to make it to the show, but the Barons are futile offensively.