Are the White Sox relevant? Is 2007-itis setting in?

caulfield12

By entire team, I meant the offense, defense, pitching, coaching, base running. Yes, there are some bright spots for individuals. I love watching Santos pitch.

That made me laugh, in that our team is pretty bad in oh, almost every area.

I agree with you Caufield, that attendance I guess is a concern. But that's to be expected with this crummy lineup. I thought we already had an attendance thread and it was kind of beating the dead horse a bit in this thread.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'd always rather talk baseball than engage in internecine warfare with fellow Sox fans, lol.

We're all in the same boat...nobody wants to lose our interest in the season so early. Although, as I mentioned previously, I'd simply adjust my mindset, look forward to the youngsters playing and seeing what kind of return/s we could get via trade.

I actually found it's somewhat therapeutic to watch other teams play on Extra Innings or listen to other games at MLB AUDIO/AT BAT.

SOMEWHAT...but I can never escape my lifetime love for the White Sox, baseball begins and ends at 35th Street for me, ever since my favorite uncle gave me a 1979 Topps Claudell Washington baseball card, I wrote a letter to Claudell, got it back 3 days later and became a lifetime Sox fan.

Heck, Barry Bonds even sent me back an autograph...Sheffield, Canseco, those guys were even nice when they were rookies. Sosa, same thing...

(Well, Scott Radinsky actually got it for me, since I got to know him really well when he pitched for South Bend and I would get free tickets at will call whenever I would come to Chicago to visit my friends at Northwestern...unfortunately I had to go to "lowly" state school Univ of Iowa, haha).

I gave most of these autographs (about 500) away to my ex-fiance's young son, hoping he might become a baseball fan.

NOTE: I WROTE THIS RANDOM STREAM-OF-CONSCIOUSNESS message intentionally....to make fun of myself. Ha!

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 04:33 PM)
If nothing else, DET is losing money faster than they can print out new idiotic contracts and trade away Jackson/Granderson (although Austin Jackson has outfperformed expectations so far)...CLE has totally lost the faith of its fans, no matter how good their minor league system, that team's a good 2 years away....and they will start feeling the pressure of contracts for Sizemore, Peralta, Wood, Hafner.

I agree with most of what you said, but our GM has made one enormously egregious mistake with a big contract and his name is Jake Peavy. This guy may be a bigger bust that Todd Ritchie.

I wonder what our average attendance will be this year. Probably hover around 25K? I know I am in no rush to go see this team. One of the problems with Sox fans is that we are stubborn. We don't like to pay to see bad baseball, which potentially could hurt the team in the future with payroll.

If this team struggles, I could see May 15th or so being a date Kenny has set to potentially make a move to add to the team. But I only think he does that if the club shows something.

If the team is still in a funk on May 1st and showing little life on offense, I have no doubt we see some sort of minor roster change.

And no, I don't think we will see the Sox trade their starting pitching, but guys like Jenks/Thornton/Linebrink could all get shipped out. Linebrink being a wildcard because he'll have to kick ass to interest any team (Jenks probably would to). But I do think you'd see some of the Sox offensive players moved.

I'm not saying the club would get much. I do not see Kenny going into a full rebuilding mode though because I'd see him willing to hold onto those starters for another try, but the offense has been long over-due for an overhaul.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 09:56 PM)
If this team struggles, I could see May 15th or so being a date Kenny has set to potentially make a move to add to the team. But I only think he does that if the club shows something.

If the team is still in a funk on May 1st and showing little life on offense, I have no doubt we see some sort of minor roster change.

And no, I don't think we will see the Sox trade their starting pitching, but guys like Jenks/Thornton/Linebrink could all get shipped out. Linebrink being a wildcard because he'll have to kick ass to interest any team (Jenks probably would to). But I do think you'd see some of the Sox offensive players moved.

I'm not saying the club would get much. I do not see Kenny going into a full rebuilding mode though because I'd see him willing to hold onto those starters for another try, but the offense has been long over-due for an overhaul.

I think Kenny is dusting off the self destruct button.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 07:01 PM)
Players that we should consider trading are: Buehrle, Konerko, Jenks, Linebrink, AJP, Jones, Pierre, Ozzie, Garcia

Thornton's the closer for next season, and you're not going to be able to unload Peavy or Rios

I don't see the Sox dealing Buehrle, but if they did, it would have to be to the Cardinals. That said, I think the Sox will be loyal to Mark and keep all of there starters around. Hudson will slide into the rotation to replace Frederico.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 23, 2010 -> 03:08 AM)
I don't see the Sox dealing Buehrle, but if they did, it would have to be to the Cardinals. That said, I think the Sox will be loyal to Mark and keep all of there starters around. Hudson will slide into the rotation to replace Frederico.

I think they'll give Buehrle the choice, and there's no doubt in my mind he'd accept it.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 22, 2010 -> 10:08 PM)

With his price tag, I don't see him having enough value to justify his being traded. I still think John Danks would be the guy if Kenny wants to rebuild on the fly. Its either got to be Danks or Floyd, but Floyd is signed.