What a disaster this rotating DH NL lineup idea is...

Steve9347

QUOTE (Special K @ May 8, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
Is anybody going to even mention the fact that Guillen made a terrible decision to let Buehrle pitch the 8th? What is the point of having a lockdown 8th inning guy like Thornton if you don't use him in those spots. I won't even suggest the idea that he use Santos either, because that would make no sense for a guy who hasn't given up a run all year. I suppose Randy Williams is the only pitcher who deserves to be out there with the game on the line. Guillen is such a joke at managing our pitchers that he costs us tons of close games. It's unfortunate that Guillen wanted close games with the NL Lineup he's been begging for as well.

Yes, everyone in game thread mentioned it....as well as not using Thornton/Santos/Putz with a tie game as well.

Not Bobby's specialty, those situations.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2010 -> 02:54 PM)
Yes, everyone in game thread mentioned it....as well as not using Thornton/Santos/Putz with a tie game as well.

Not Bobby's specialty, those situations.

Well I guess I should pay more attention to the game threads then.

QUOTE (Special K @ May 8, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
Is anybody going to even mention the fact that Guillen made a terrible decision to let Buehrle pitch the 8th?

Yawn. He didn't give up the lead. It was a bold move to give Mark some confidence.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 8, 2010 -> 11:41 PM)
Probably the fact that Omar is 43.

Ok.... and Nix is getting no playing time, is taking up the spot that a pitcher would be better served to using, and Omar's age doesn't appear to be getting in the way of Ozzie playing him over Nix.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 8, 2010 -> 10:11 PM)
Yawn. He didn't give up the lead. It was a bold move to give Mark some confidence.

Yawn... he did give up the lead. And I don't think a ten year veteran with a world series championship, perfect game, and no hitter underneath his belt needs to build confidence. Bad move leaving him in there. No excuse.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 8, 2010 -> 10:57 AM)
Yea, I can agree with that. So I guess there is just no blame for anyone but the players. We were just destined to be terrible this year. Still, it's going to take awhile to fix.

Atleast you aren't on the edge and you've fully jumped off the cliff. Good for you.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 8, 2010 -> 10:36 PM)
BTW, Ozzie hopes to get Omar Vizquel more ABs. Says he's doing a fantastic job.

Guillen really thinks the flippy hit thing is important to manufacturing runs than taking pitches and making pitchers work. I really want to punch the grindy originator in the head.

per the trib "His job is not to hit .350, his job is to do what he's doing right now — play third base, play second base, play shortstop a little bit. Omar has been great. He is what he is, and it's not easy. Especially early, maybe a little later he'll play some more. He has been very professional, and I'm very excited about having him."

So young guys who do not know the MLB just yet are expected to handle this but for Omar it is not "easy........

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 9, 2010 -> 08:42 AM)
Guillen really thinks the flippy hit thing is important to manufacturing runs than taking pitches and making pitchers work. I really want to punch the grindy originator in the head.

per the trib "His job is not to hit .350, his job is to do what he's doing right now — play third base, play second base, play shortstop a little bit. Omar has been great. He is what he is, and it's not easy. Especially early, maybe a little later he'll play some more. He has been very professional, and I'm very excited about having him."

So young guys who do not know the MLB just yet are expected to handle this but for Omar it is not "easy........

Guillen says lots of things. Until he starts playing Vizquel more, I don't believe a word of it. Also, why NOT play Vizquel when he could easily be replacing someone who is playing s*** baseball too? At this point, what's the difference between him and half our team?

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 9, 2010 -> 10:40 AM)
Guillen says lots of things. Until he starts playing Vizquel more, I don't believe a word of it. Also, why NOT play Vizquel when he could easily be replacing someone who is playing s*** baseball too? At this point, what's the difference between him and half our team?

I don't think Ozzie is just saying that, I think he actually believes it.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 9, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)

Well of all the hitters in baseball with at least 30 PA Vizquel has the 7th lowest wOBA and is .063 points beneath our 2nd worst hitter (Mark Kotsay) oh and he's seeing 3.39 pit/pa which is well below average. In other words: for as bad as our everyday hitters have been at the plate Omar has been significantly worse. He's 4 for 31 with 1 XBH.