Cold Bats

soxfan-kwman

Cold Bats- now the psyche of the players is starting to effect the fielding. The team started off pretty good defensivley and we played a lot of close games to start the year. Now the domino effect or snow ball effect is starting to set in. Greg Walker, like any hitting coach probaly helps some guys & doesn't help others, but that is not the stem of the problems as far as hitting goes right now. In my opinion I think on top of defense, the problem can be solved scientifically. The answer is the COLD BATS!!! I

Cold bats never help in softball or baseball. The sox need to keep the bats in a heated area during games. I went to the game Tuesday, Wednesday, & skipped going last night. I did notic that the bats are stored in the racks that are exposed to the elements. And sure, we played well on Tuesday, but last night & wednesday we did not. I noticed that Andruw Jones hit an absolute bomb, & he was probaly in the hitting cage area keeping his bat out of the elements. It sound like a little thing, but baseball is a mental game and any advantage shouldn't hurt. Any how, I think it would help Carlos & Gordon from over swinging and others.

In the case of the Rays, they have just been hot in general so pyschology they have the advantage. Bottom line, I think the sox need to keep the bats in a bat warmer or in the clubhouse, not in a cold bat rack.

Any thought?

Edited by soxfan-kwman