Arizona requires you to carry your papers

Balta1701

To steal the first line from this story, 'How do you say 'Karma' in spanish?'

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/opinion/o...osition=emailed

According to Fox 25, Naranjo was driving 60 mph when he slammed his car into Moran’s. Naranjo was also drunk, driving without a license and - in an only-in-Massachusetts twist - was wearing a “Mexican costume” at the time.

Now if Naranjo were just another Massachusetts taxpayer, he would be in some serious guacamole. But Fox reports that when police tried to explain the seriousness of his situation, he just laughed.

“Nothing is going to happen to me, man,” Naranjo told the cops. That’s because he was “going back to my home country, Mexico.”

Naranjo had gotten the Massachusetts message: It’s never illegal to be illegal here. In fact sometimes it’s pretty damn good.

• Replies 876
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://blog.sarcasmsociety.com/government/...the-racist.html

Obama the Racist

Written by The Sarcasmist on May 25, 2010 — Comments (0)

President Obama has decided to send 1,200 National Guard troops and $500 million to help secure the U.S. border. Obviously he doesn’t like Mexicans. Why else would he try to stop illegal immigrants from entering the U.S. illegally? It is very ironic seeing a black president enacting racially motivated policies.

My favorite part of this is that although it's from the "sarcasm society," you will see somebody try and make that point while being dead serious. Guaranteed.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 25, 2010 -> 08:59 PM)
http://blog.sarcasmsociety.com/government/...the-racist.html

My favorite part of this is that although it's from the "sarcasm society," you will see somebody try and make that point while being dead serious. Guaranteed.

Being the racist resident here, damn straight. (drinks another).

Police chiefs are worried about the law.

STORY HIGHLIGHTS
  • Police chiefs to meet with Eric Holder
  • They will express concern about Arizona's new immigration law
  • Chiefs: New law will damage trust in community
Washington (CNN) -- Police chiefs from about a dozen cities are scheduled to meet with U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder on Wednesday to talk about concerns they have with Arizona's new immigration law.

The group includes police chiefs from Phoenix and Tucson in Arizona; Los Angeles, California; and Houston, Texas.

The chiefs will tell Holder that they worry the new law will "drive a wedge" between the community and police, and damage the trust that officers have worked to build "over many years," according to a statement by the group.

Arizona's law allows officers to check the residency status of anyone who is being investigated for a crime or possible legal infraction -- if there is reasonable suspicion the person is an illegal resident.

Proponents say Arizona need the law to crack down on the illegal immigration problem in the state.

Critics have said the law will promote racial profiling.

The law has received extreme backlash since it was passed in April.

Critics of the law have conducted several protests marches. The ACLU and a coalition of civil rights groups filed a lawsuit challenging its constitutionality.

Cities have contemplated boycotting Arizona because of the law to put economic pressure on the state.

The group attending Wednesday's meeting also comprises of chiefs of police from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Minneapolis, Minnesota; San Jose, California; Salt Lake City, Utah; Sahuarita, Arizona; Montgomery County, Maryland; and the president of Arizona's Association of Chiefs of Police.

After the meeting Wednesday, the group will hold a news conference.

• 2 weeks later...

Some things just make me so proud...

A group of artists has been asked to lighten the faces of children depicted in a giant public mural at a Prescott school.

The project's leader says he was ordered to lighten the skin tone after complaints about the children's ethnicity. But the school's principal says the request was only to fix shading and had nothing to do with political pressure.

The "Go on Green" mural, which covers two walls outside Miller Valley Elementary School, was designed to advertise a campaign for environmentally friendly transportation. It features portraits of four children, with a Hispanic boy as the dominant figure.

R.E. Wall, director of Prescott's Downtown Mural Project, said he and other artists were subjected to slurs from motorists as they worked on the painting at one of the town's most prominent intersections.

"We consistently, for two months, had people shouting racial slander from their cars," Wall said. "We had children painting with us, and here come these yells of (epithet for Blacks) and (epithet for Hispanics)."

Wall said school Principal Jeff Lane pressed him to make the children's faces appear happier and brighter.

"It is being lightened because of the controversy," Wall said, adding that "they want it to look like the children are coming into light."

Lane said that he received only three complaints about the mural and that his request for a touch-up had nothing to do with political pressure. "We asked them to fix the shading on the children's faces," he said. "We were looking at it from an artistic view. Nothing at all to do with race."

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 4, 2010 -> 11:14 PM)
The drivers are the kinds of "Americans" I wouldn't mind getting rid of in a one-for-one exchange for some illegals.

Me too. In fact, I'd be happy to drive the drivers in one big bus in a mass exchange for illegals.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 12:14 AM)
The drivers are the kinds of "Americans" I wouldn't mind getting rid of in a one-for-one exchange for some illegals.

You only say such things because you're one of them minorities too.

hey balta, i been busy, but you posted something about increased immigration not leading to this crime wave, but the best part of it was the contradiction it showed between maricopa county's tough guise and actual results.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 9, 2010 -> 08:39 AM)
It's all just anecdotal at this point, but USA today is running the "legal and illegal hispanics leaving Arizona" article.

Juan Carlos Cruz, an illegal immigrant who has worked in plant nurseries for 20 years, huddled with dozens of relatives over the Memorial Day Weekend in the backyard of his brother's Phoenix-area home to plot out the family's next move to avoid what they say will be harassment by police. Virginia and California are the front-runners.

"If I were alone, I'd try to stay. But I have a family, and I have to find a place where we can live with more freedom," said Cruz, who hopes to move July 4 to blend in with holiday weekend traffic. "This is getting too hard."

GMAFB.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 10:25 AM)
After he moves from Arizona, I wonder who will be taking his job and if the nursery owner will think it imporved his business.

laws be damned! if it's good for business, it's ok!

I'm seriously shocked that so many people are ok with illegals in this country. I agree that our tight control over immigration isn't in the American spirit, so I join those that think the process for citizenship/visas/guest worker programs needs to be changed to become more efficient and shorter in time. But this attitude that defying laws because of x, y, and z is just laughable. "My kids need an xbox so I'm going to rob a bank. Don't worry! It's ok! I'm just helping my family! The ends justify the means!"

Ridiculous. I feel ZERO sympathy for this guy. Ya know what? Do things the right way and you don't have to be worried about it. And when did this completely unfounded position that illegals are the ONLY people that would take those jobs start? That's just made up bulls***. Jobs are jobs, and if there's demand for it, someone will fill the position. That's a ridiculous excuse to justify people committing illegal acts.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
laws be damned! if it's good for business, it's ok!

I'm seriously shocked that so many people are ok with illegals in this country. I agree that our tight control over immigration isn't in the American spirit, so I join those that think the process for citizenship/visas/guest worker programs needs to be changed to become more efficient and shorter in time. But this attitude that defying laws because of x, y, and z is just laughable. "My kids need an xbox so I'm going to rob a bank. Don't worry! It's ok! I'm just helping my family! The ends justify the means!"

Ridiculous. I feel ZERO sympathy for this guy. Ya know what? Do things the right way and you don't have to be worried about it. And when did this completely unfounded position that illegals are the ONLY people that would take those jobs start? That's just made up bulls***. Jobs are jobs, and if there's demand for it, someone will fill the position. That's a ridiculous excuse to justify people committing illegal acts.

Actually jobs are not jobs. There are people who have been out of work for months, even years, that would not take a nursery job, or a packing shed job, or a meat packing job . . .

QUOTE (Tex @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
Actually jobs are not jobs. There are people who have been out of work for months, even years, that would not take a nursery job, or a packing shed job, or a meat packing job . . .

Completely fabricated. Show me a report that says those jobs wouldn't be filled. SOME people might feel too high and mighty for those jobs, but not EVERYONE.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 11:58 AM)
SOME people might feel too high and mighty for those jobs, but not EVERYONE.

Isn't that what I said? Only without the caps?