Blocked prospects...

JPN366

I like Mark Trumbo of the Angels. He's a first basemen with power and who hits for a good average. What would it take to acquire him? Anybody have any suggestions regarding other blocked prospects the White Sox could go after?

I wouldn't say Kila is blocked exactly, as Butler is a butcher, even at first, but I suppose it applies. I have a big prospect crush on him but I don't see much chance of getting him. Wish we'd have swapped Getz and Fields for that guy!

I don't really see much in Chris Davis, though. He seems to have Josh Fields Disease.

Since people here are pointing out position players, I'll change it up and go with pitchers. Guys like Patton, Beato (I know Flash will love that one.. old memories) and Quinco (butchered his name) are nice prospects who are blocked (O's have a TON of SP after Arrieta, Tillman, Holmgood etc.. etc.. with the guys already in the majors) and TB has Davis and Hendrickson on the rise with Price, Shields, etc.. I'm only going off memory here.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
Chris Davis' suckage is blocking him. KK would be nice. I don't know why KC just doesn't trade him. Yonder Alonso is another guy. Although they'll probably just move him to LF.

I watched Yonder Alonso play left field...the Reds better trade him ASAP if they think he's their left fielder of the future.

The White Sox definitely need to look into blocked first base prospects, that's why I mentioned Trumbo. The others mentioned are good ideas too. Although I think Viciedo has tremendous upside, he's very raw and needs development time. I know there are probably a lot of people on this board who are not comfortable with the idea that Viciedo is the only long term option to replace Konerko in the organization currently.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 09:59 AM)
Chris Davis has been given the starting job two straight Aprils, and has turned that into a trip down to AAA both times.

I know, he squandered his chances and i don't think Smoak loses that job, that's why i think he can be had. Also, throw in Hank Conger a catcher for the Angels.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 11:34 AM)
I know, he squandered his chances and i don't think Smoak loses that job, that's why i think he can be had. Also, throw in Hank Conger a catcher for the Angels.

I don't think Conger is necessarily blocked.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 08:49 AM)
I watched Yonder Alonso play left field...the Reds better trade him ASAP if they think he's their left fielder of the future.

Between Alonso and Votto, the Reds may end up having to trade one of them. I would be all for the Sox making a play for either.

Edited by Buehrlesque

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 01:36 PM)
Angels' 3B perennial prospect/non-performer now nearing Dallas McPherson status, Brandon what's his name?

Walk can fix him. Trademark/patent pending.

Brandon Wood, he's rocking a .273 OPS this season.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Apr 25, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
Chris Davis' suckage is blocking him. KK would be nice. I don't know why KC just doesn't trade him. Yonder Alonso is another guy. Although they'll probably just move him to LF.

Kila will be on his way to the majors just as soon as KC falls far enough out of it and someone makes a legitimate offer for Jose Guillen. Then Butler moves to DH and Kila to 1B. Guillen is currently hitting way too well for the team to bench him, and their outfield is full.

I was just going to reply, but I noticed other people already beat me to it, that I would go after Yonder Alonso. I think he fits what the Sox need after Konerko goes.

I would also look into getting Juan Francisco of the Reds as well if the Reds were not willing to deal Alonso.

QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
I was just going to reply, but I noticed other people already beat me to it, that I would go after Yonder Alonso. I think he fits what the Sox need after Konerko goes.

I would also look into getting Juan Francisco of the Reds as well if the Reds were not willing to deal Alonso.

Francisco doesn't look like anything special to me. Doesn't walk, strikes out quite a bit. Yeah he hits some homers, and he has some time to develop, but his numbers scream organizational fodder. Seems very similar to Tom Collaro, who the White Sox dumped.

Some of these guys, especially a guy like Alonso, aren't going to come cheaply just because they are blocked. These teams are going to find ways to get them into a lineup or they will get fair value for them from someone. If you want Alonso, you'll have to give up someone really good.