White Sox - Cubs Trophy.

justBLAZE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is stupid and just gives the stupid population of the two fanbases some ammo to scream out more stupidity.

I don't even want to imagine a Cubs fan telling me that they get this stupid ass trophy because they've won the season series somehow.

Like hell, a 6 game sample size really shows that you're the better team...

If I'm the Sox, I don't agree to something stupid like this. We have the real trophy lying somewhere around the Cell and it says World Series Champions on it. Why create something like this?

Edited by chw42

The trophy should just stick with whoever leads the all time series, since that's a larger sample size than one season. I'm not a fan of this though, Cubs/Sox is already idiotically overblown. It'll be even worse this year since both teams suck and aren't going anywhere.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (earthshiner @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 07:43 AM)
a vast majority of cubs fans will love it when they get it and be pissed when we have it. Most sox fans just wont care. Hell, most cubs fans will care more about the cubs getting the trophy than finishing the season with a better record than the sox

This is true. The next time the Sox win the World Series (which will be before the Cubs do), they will say, "yeah, but we won that trophy!"

QUOTE (hogan873 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 09:31 AM)
Pure silliness. I wouldn't call it stupid, but it's not necessary by any means. The rivalry has enough fuel IMO, so a trophy would just increase bragging rights and name-calling and whatnot.

I dont see why this is bad. In college football they have the rivalry games (Red River, Paul Bunyans Axe, etc), it doesnt diminish the value of the Championship trophy to the teams, it just gives a little edge and bragging rights to the teams for that rivalry game.

Its fun. The Sox play the Cubs and the entire city tunes in, this isnt bad to give a little bit of an extra value to to the game.

QUOTE (The Critic @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 09:40 AM)
I hope the trophy depicts a shrugging baseball fan with a bag over his head.

This is a silly but harmless idea, unless drunken idiots take it too seriously.

Well this will happen for certain...especially when the Cubs are on the losing side.

I'm fine with it. Seeing how well it works at the college level, I think it could be fun. It ultimately hinges on how seriously the fans and players take it. If they play to win it, it could become ridiculous. As long as it's not the main point to these games, I think its fine.