White Sox - Cubs Trophy.

justBLAZE

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's pretty insulting to the fans intelligence. We know the players don't give a crap about this, yet they're forced to pretend to in the name of corporate sponsorship. 95% of the fans would probably say this is a dumb idea. So I guess we'll have to put up with this nonsense for three years, and hopefully it'll go away.

The tiebreaker should be total runs, then winner of last game. That's what I used in my bet with a Cub fan last year. He paid off after the Cell series, well before the Sept. make-up game, because at that point the Sox led 3-2 games and by 8 runs, and he admitted there was no way the Cubs would win the make-up by 9 runs.

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
Did they mention if the trophy would get redistributed if the Sox and Cubs meet in the World Series? Or is this a moot point?

Please note the highlighted words. If this actually happens, they won't be concerned about this trophy, but the Department of Child and Family Services will be on high-alert after all of the bets that Cubs fans have in which they are all willing to sell their first-born.

QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 08:09 PM)
If it brings in some $$$ and sells a few tickets or generates some more interest among the casual fan base, then I'm in favor. In that spirit, it should be called the Veeck Trophy: anything to put some more butts in seats.

It won't sell any more tickets, since the Cubs/Sox games all sell out anyway.

QUOTE (The Baconator @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 10:21 PM)
Please note the highlighted words. If this actually happens, they won't be concerned about this trophy, but the Department of Child and Family Services will be on high-alert after all of the bets that Cubs fans have in which they are all willing to sell their first-born.

On the bright side, we won't have to worry about global warming anymore, because Hell will indeed have frozen over.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 12:58 AM)
This is stupid and just gives the stupid population of the two fanbases some ammo to scream out more stupidity.

I don't even want to imagine a Cubs fan telling me that they get this stupid ass trophy because they've won the season series somehow.

Like hell, a 6 game sample size really shows that you're the better team...

If I'm the Sox, I don't agree to something stupid like this. We have the real trophy lying somewhere around the Cell and it says World Series Champions on it. Why create something like this?

Crosstown Classic............zzzzz. I find it the most annoying thing on the schedule. The whole Cubs/Sox series lost it's excitement many years ago. The two most annoying sports events every year are Cubs vs. Sox, Pats vs. Colts.

I dont understand why so many of you are against it, fans love the crosstown series and if you attend any of those games the atmosphere is awesome. If I was a player I'd love playing those games too, I know Rowand always did. The trophy sure is a bit silly, but I think its an overall fun idea.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:33 PM)
I dont understand why so many of you are against it

Because it's a stupid, juvenile marketing effort that no one outside of Chicago homers will give a damn about? You think the players get amped up fighting for a worthless statue invented circa 2010? That's some great tradition.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 11:38 AM)
Because it's a stupid, juvenile marketing effort that no one outside of Chicago homers will give a damn about? You think the players get amped up fighting for a worthless statue invented circa 2010? That's some great tradition.

The majority of fans for both teams fall into that category, so you made a point for having a trophy.