GT: CWS @ TEX, Tues 4/27, 7:05pm CT

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have a long history with Wilson (and also Padilla, although he's gone now finally)...he made quite a few comments that really got the White Sox riled up when he was in their bullpen. What did he say exactly? Maybe it was somehow connected to the Sean Tracey incident, or a separate one?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)
We have a long history with Wilson (and also Padilla, although he's gone now finally)...he made quite a few comments that really got the White Sox riled up when he was in their bullpen. What did he say exactly? Maybe it was somehow connected to the Sean Tracey incident, or a separate one?

was it the tracey incident or did it have to do with Padilla/Pierzynski? IIRC it was around the time that Padilla went bean-crazy on AJ

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 11:11 AM)

IIRC, Wilson was the closer and he came in a 4-run game, the Sox cut the lead to a run and had runners on. He struck someone out to end it, and started yelling at Ozzie or something like that, acting like a bad-ass, even though he almost blew it. I do remember them showing up to the South Side a few weeks later, and TCQ hit a 3-run bomb off him in the 8th to win a game.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 12:53 PM)
IIRC, Wilson was the closer and he came in a 4-run game, the Sox cut the lead to a run and had runners on. He struck someone out to end it, and started yelling at Ozzie or something like that, acting like a bad-ass, even though he almost blew it. I do remember them showing up to the South Side a few weeks later, and TCQ hit a 3-run bomb off him in the 8th to win a game.

That's how I recall it too. Wilson was acting like a complete fool, showing up the losing team after a bad performance himself. Vengeance is sweet, though.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 08:04 AM)
Did someone say... SWEEP? Haven't heard that in a loooooong time. I'd like to hear it again soon. So...

They only had two sweeps last season. The first was against the royals at kaufman on bewtween may 29th and may 31st. The second sweep was exactly a month later (in the midst of a seven game win streak)... june 29th through june 31st against the indians at progressive field. Their last sweep at home dates back until 2008. In 2008 they swept a double header against the tigers on september 14th at home. The last three game sweep at home was against the mariners on august 18th through august 20th.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE (qwerty @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
They only had two sweeps last season. The first was against the royals at kaufman on bewtween may 29th and may 31st. The second sweep was exactly a month later (in the midst of a seven game win streak)... june 29th through june 31st against the indians at progressive field. Their last sweep at home dates back until 2008. In 2008 they swept a double header against the tigers on september 14th at home. The last three game sweep at home was against the mariners on august 18th through august 20th.

what are we doing going to texas? let's keep playing the M's!

If the Sox can take at least 2/3 I'll be very happy about their recent play. I've heard Kinsler may be coming back, so that could suck. I hope that Peavy can finally pitch a good game. I'm glad that we get Feldman in the last game of the series, he has been struggling mightily.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 26, 2010 -> 02:12 PM)
Can't be as annoying as those stupid cowbells they have going in Tampa.

We have a drawer full of those cowbells from the 2008 season and postseason. I want to melt them down so my family doesn't ring them in my face when my Sox suck arse against their Rays.

:angry: