GT: CWS @ TEX, Tues 4/27, 7:05pm CT

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 01:54 AM)
I can't wait until Kenny gets back from his 3 month trip to Bora Bora.

Why, I don't exactly have confidence in him after the last two seasons and his acquisitions. Not really sure what he can do to improve this team with the contracts we have, the lack of prospects, and the attendance figures.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 07:56 PM)
Why, I don't exactly have confidence in him after the last two seasons and his acquisitions. Not really sure what he can do to improve this team with the contracts we have, the lack of prospects, and the attendance figures.

It would give Jerry an opportunity to fire him in person.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 07:52 PM)
Yeah, those 10 minutes on the radio are killing him! He'll be fine, he's just messed up at the plate. He was streaky last year as well.

Try 30 minutes a shot, at least twice a week - on top of his various commercials, another position change and the league adjusting to him. I'm sure he'll be fine, but you bet that when he is, we'll hear that Gordon just "needed to settle in" -- I think it would happen faster without the distractions. And, if you notice, we need it to happen . . . faster.

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
Try 30 minutes a shot, at least twice a week - on top of his various commercials, another position change and the league adjusting to him. I'm sure he'll be fine, but you bet that when he is, we'll hear that Gordon just "needed to settle in" -- I think it would happen faster without the distractions. And, if you notice, we need it to happen . . . faster.

Well Gordon is a young, non established kid in his second year. This is exactly the type of guy that should be coachable and someone that should be able to be fixed.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 02:01 AM)
Well Gordon is a young, non established kid in his second year. This is exactly the type of guy that should be coachable and someone that should be able to be fixed.

And the exact person that Walker's struggled to help over the years. Why do our players always struggle in their soph seasons? Case in point, Quentin.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
And Pierre misplays that. Buehrle's looked absolutely awful this season since game 1. Too bad Cardinals have no prospects, because he'd be the perfect person to trade.

Agreed