GT: CWS @ TEX, Tues 4/27, 7:05pm CT

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 08:56 PM)
If you want to play a fun drinking game, take shots every time Beckham fouls one down the right field line. You'll be drunk in no time.

He actually looks worse than he did at any time last year. Even when he was struggling after he came up, I remember thinking that he was actually swinging pretty well. Not so much now.

wow, and i thought everyone on here was being too pessimistic about pierre and over exaggerating about how bad he was lol i thought he was good..

edit: i thought this before the season started, and when we got him

Edited by Melissa1334

QUOTE (Friend of Nordhagen @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 01:57 AM)
He actually looks worse than he did at any time last year. Even when he was struggling after he came up, I remember thinking that he was actually swinging pretty well. Not so much now.

Agreed, his bat isn't getting through the zone on a level plane. For him to even pull the ball, he has to roll over on it. Greg Walker needs to be sent far, far away. Quentin's already looking like someone who might have peaked, and we can't have that happen to Beckham.

QUOTE (Melissa1334 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 08:58 PM)
wow, and i thought everyone on here was being too pessimistic about pierre and over exaggerating about how bad he was lol i thought he was good..

Not me. I always thought he was a dumb ball player when he played for the Cubs.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 08:58 PM)
Flip his card. Its cold. Hes not loosey goosey. He knows how to hit already, its coming.

This reminded me of something. Why was it that when Thome or Dye struggled, Walker would say "flip his card" -- but when Wise and Kotsay sucked as one would expect from their "cards", Ozzie thought they'd be really good instead?