GT: CWS @ TEX, Tues 4/27, 7:05pm CT

Liriano is officially for real, Twins blank the Tigers on the road, Rauch with yet another save.

I was monitoring that game and he was consistent with 94 MPH fastball (up 2-3 MPH from before) and he's toned down his slider, it used to be a hard 87-88, now it's sitting at 83-84-85.

Despite the M's sweep, the news is almost all bad in terms of our being able to stay with MINN this year. I think DET will end up having the same problem, but they'll fall off after we do.

And we have only Danks and Garcia (who'd a thunk it?) pitching fairly well, although how long that lasts with Freddy is anyone's guess.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:03 AM)
God the f***ing "pressure" excuse. Every major league team has pressure. Not too many teams have the entire team shut down offensively all at the same time.

No kidding, and it seems to happen far too often for the Sox.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
Texas just hitting the daylights out of the ball the last two innings.

They are good at it. It must be an organization thing. Last year's hitting coach is with the Cubs.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 10:03 PM)
Despite the M's sweep, the news is almost all bad in terms of our being able to stay with MINN this year. I think DET will end up having the same problem, but they'll fall off after we do.

how can we fall off when we have never been "in" it

TON o' strikeouts tonight, to the lowly Texas Ranger pitching staff.

For some reason, I felt fairly optimistic about our chances to take a series in Arlington. Don't ask me why, but now reality might be setting back in.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:13 AM)
That went well.

We never seem to play well in Arlington on that super fast surface. You always breathe a sigh of relief if we can get 1/3 instead of getting swept out of town.

True, we'll probably win one game this series, but the Yankees have destroyed us lately on the road.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 09:12 PM)
Two different zones tonight...keep sitting there coaches!

Even they are bored with this season already.

Has a team ever led the AL in solo homers and stolen bases and finished in the bottom 3 in runs scored?

Orioles might actually beat the Yankees (up 5-2) and Liney's "A" fastball is nowhere to be found...sitting at 92. But he's getting outs and feeling som success, so maybe that will start to feed off itself and be sustainable. Hopefully it will actually matter to something with the Sox and not just dumping his contract at the deadline like we did with Ray Durham, Howry, Alomar, Lofton and James Baldwin in 2002 (all of those trades worked out so well in the end for the Sox...NOT! in Borat voice).

Edited by caulfield12