GT: CWS @ TEX, Tues 4/27, 7:05pm CT

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:27 AM)
I'm willing to concede that CJ Wilson is having a very nice start to the season, but Pierre killed us -- in the field and at the plate.

Teams will run on Pierre at will in the field and obviously he is no Podesdnik at the plate

6 games back again. Minnesota's not conceding any ground in the early season. They blow a save, they still win. Face Verlander on the road, Liriano looks almost as good as 2006. It's REALLY just what it is...and the more times this happens, the less energy anyone will have to care anymore.

We could be alone in last place if KC and CLE win tonight.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 09:28 PM)
Teams will run on Pierre at will in the field and obviously he is no Podesdnik at the plate

So right now, that would put Pierre at a nice NEGATIVE Wins Above Replacement, right?

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:28 AM)
With what resources and with what player being pulled by Ozzie?

I see Kotsay is in the tank or he sends Nix down and signs a free agent. Ozzie doesn't do that mind you it is up to KW. I am not so thrilled with this Pierre deal either, but can see giving him more time since he can steal bases

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 09:26 PM)
Well, I guess we suck again. Really poor effort by a very mediocre roster.

We sucked this weekend. Seattle just sucked a lot more. And they are about to get swept by the Royals while scoring ZERO runs

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:30 AM)
We sucked this weekend. Seattle just sucked a lot more. And they are about to get swept by the Royals while scoring ZERO runs

At this point, I just hope we don't suck enough to kill our payroll next year. I have no doubt the Twins will win the AL Central, as everything has come together for them this season (besides Nathan).

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 09:29 PM)
I see Kotsay is in the tank or he sends Nix down and signs a free agent. Ozzie doesn't do that mind you it is up to KW. I am not so thrilled with this Pierre deal either, but can see giving him more time since he can steal bases

Honestly, I really don't see how KW can fix this without blowing it up. If he could have signed or traded for a hitter he would have already done it by now. Who can he get? And who's going to sit if he does pull something off?

If you have to blow up the team a month into the season, then someone needs to be fired. I think the Cubs moving Zambrano to the bullpen was idiotic, but at least it showed they'd hold players accountable. With the Sox, no one is every held accountable.

QUOTE (fathom @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 09:33 PM)
At this point, I just hope we don't suck enough to kill our payroll next year. I have no doubt the Twins will win the AL Central, as everything has come together for them this season (besides Nathan).

Sadly I can accept the Twins are better and the Sox may not make the playoffs. The thing that irritates me is that this is just a s*** product with a manager that is proving he is unable to evaluate a flawed thought process.

Oh and Mark will get the bejesus hit out of him this weekend as the Yankees pound the crap out of him.

Edited by Jenks Heat

QUOTE (jphat007 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)

Wait, what? First of all Seattle won last night. Second, the two teams play each other tomorrow. You just assumed a sweep before the second (a game in which the Mariners were down only 2-0) of a 3-game series was over? lol. The Sox are bad enough without you trying to create or invent ways to make them worse. Man what the hell has happened to you? Personal problems?