Chicago Cops/Judges

BigSqwert

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:41 AM)
Unfortunately, it's not. This is exactly the sort of horses*** that flies when the system is protecting one of its own as opposed to looking to f*** a regular citizen because drunk driving is a cash cow for individual municipalities as well as the state.

On the bolded... this is one of the most popular falsehoods I see repeated about cops. Cops do not make extra money by making more DUI arrests, and neither do police departments. There is no "cash cow" here. Where do you think this cash magically comes from, that isn't sucked up by the courts or jails or police resourcing?

Now, I WILL say, that the red light cameras are that. but that's a whole different matter.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 05:03 PM)
On the bolded... this is one of the most popular falsehoods I see repeated about cops. Cops do not make extra money by making more DUI arrests, and neither do police departments. There is no "cash cow" here. Where do you think this cash magically comes from, that isn't sucked up by the courts or jails or police resourcing?

Now, I WILL say, that the red light cameras are that. but that's a whole different matter.

Not the cops personally.

The municipalities and the state.

It's the manner in which they handle the vehicle.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 05:15 PM)
Not the cops personally.

The municipalities and the state.

It's the manner in which they handle the vehicle.

Handle the vehicle? That's a new twist I haven't heard. How is it you think that vehicle "handling" from DUI's is a cash cow for the government?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 04:25 PM)
Handle the vehicle? That's a new twist I haven't heard. How is it you think that vehicle "handling" from DUI's is a cash cow for the government?

They tow the vehicle, at the absolute first chance they get, and charge a $500 "administration fee" just to have the opportunity to go claim it from the impound location. You can't just go pick up your car at the lot. You have to go to the police department and pay this fine, in order to get a document which you then provide to the impound to get your car back.

The police department does absolutely nothing other than radio the tow truck to pick up your vehicle.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:54 AM)
<!--quoteo(post=2166350:date=Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:53 AM:name=GoSox05)-->
QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 08:53 AM)
<!--quotec-->It scares me. His picture just stares at you.

Here's a scene from that film...

that's a good movie. i approve.