Zaun can't throw

SouthsideDon48

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
He just needs to repeat the article from Playboy magazine and he'll be fine. Now, who will get this reference?

You beat me to referencing Rube.

Dang it.

But maybe thats what AJ can do to hit.

had something similar happen to me in practice once....had a pop up straight behind the plate, went back to get it running full speed and tried to catch it two handed...botched the play and had the ball come straight down on my finger nail....i gave it a minute or two and thoguht i was good to go

once i got the ball in my hand, i went to throw it back to the pitcher and 4 times in a row i air mailed it near the second baseman....just couldn't put pressure on it no matter how hard i tried and each time it got to the exact same point before my bodies reflexes took over and my finger came off the ball

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 02:35 PM)
I don't think his case was as bad as Jared Saltalamacchias was last year where it was a serious/mental problem.

Eh? I must have missed this. Saltalamachia has a mental problem related to throwing the ball back to the pitcher?

My freshman year I pitched for my HS freshman team and my coach got really frustrated in this one game and brought me in to replace our pitcher. It was ridiculously cold that day and he didnt give me any time to warm up even though I was on the bench at the time and when I got on the mound I didnt realize how cold my hand was. I couldnt even feel the ball in my hand, and thus on my first warm up pitch to the catcher, in front of everyone, I threw the ball about 15 ft short. My coach just gaped at me.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ May 6, 2010 -> 12:50 PM)
My freshman year I pitched for my HS freshman team and my coach got really frustrated in this one game and brought me in to replace our pitcher. It was ridiculously cold that day and he didnt give me any time to warm up even though I was on the bench at the time and when I got on the mound I didnt realize how cold my hand was. I couldnt even feel the ball in my hand, and thus on my first warm up pitch to the catcher, in front of everyone, I threw the ball about 15 ft short. My coach just gaped at me.

:lolhitting: