Which ex-Sox Player Would You Want Back for 2010 Team?

jasonxctf

Which ex-Sox Player Would You Want Back for 2010 Team?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which ex-Sox Player Would You Want Back for 2010 Team?

• Jermaine Dye
    • Jim Thome
    • Aaron Rowand
    • Juan Uribe
    • Nick Swisher
    • Jose Contreras
    • Jon Garland
    • Clayton Richard
    • Scott Podsednik
    • Other

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
He's a catcher in the same way Vizquel or Pierre are a threat to go yard (boo-yah!) in any given at-bat.

Great arm...the mental/strategic side of the game, preparation, working with pitchers, calling pitches and setting up opposing hitters....TOTAL FAIL. And it's sad, he has some great physical tools, speed for a catcher, etc.

Well except neither of them are supposed to be home run hitters, Olivo is supposed to be a catcher.

I voted for Uribe because I think he'd be a great upgrade over Vizquel for the bench, plus I rather see Uribe getting spot starts at 2nd, shortstop, and 3rd instead of Vizquel.

Vizquel just seems like a waste of a roster spot, almost as bad as having Lillibridge on the roster.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
Humberto Quintero. Just kidding.

I'll go with Frank Francisco and Chris B. Young or Ryan Sweeney.

Because Francisco makes our pen that much better, and Sweeney/Young don't soak up all of Rios' contract dollars.

I like it. Lets get the guy with the 7.88 ERA & 1.88 WHIP who already lost his closers role and was on the DL 3 times last year. He can throw a chair with the best of them too.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
I like it. Lets get the guy with the 7.88 ERA & 1.88 WHIP who already lost his closers role and was on the DL 3 times last year. He can throw a chair with the best of them too.

"Look at the back of his baseball card, stats don't lie..."

Ozzie Guillen, March 2010

"Premature evaluation."

ncorgbl, chisox.com every year in 2000-2004

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 04:06 PM)
He's a catcher in the same way Vizquel or Pierre are a threat to go yard (boo-yah!) in any given at-bat.

Great arm...the mental/strategic side of the game, preparation, working with pitchers, calling pitches and setting up opposing hitters....TOTAL FAIL. And it's sad, he has some great physical tools, speed for a catcher, etc.

It's much, much simpler than that. He's a "catcher" but he has a ton of trouble catching the ball. He's at the very bottom of the league in doing so.

This is a good, if not tedious at times, read.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 04:47 PM)
It's much, much simpler than that. He's a "catcher" but he has a ton of trouble catching the ball. He's at the very bottom of the league in doing so.

This is a good, if not tedious at times, read.

One month prior exactly...

Fun facts about miguel olivo.

Another good read...

The 2009 Yogi Berra Award

Edited by qwerty

Because SouthSider, as much as I hate to admit it, he was right sometimes. You can't draw any conclusions 3 weeks into the season about Frank Francisco OR Dayan Viciedo, Pods versus Pierre, etc. In football terms, we're 1-1 to start the year and still have 14 games to make up ground on the 2-0 team in Minnesota.

I fought with that guy as much as anyone on the Internet, but that's the one quote I always remember...and I should reference back to it from time to time, it would prevent me from being a Dark Cloud and starting numerous threads micro-analyzing the Sox after every loss and still finding things to be concerned about after even some wins.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 04:03 PM)
Because SouthSider, as much as I hate to admit it, he was right sometimes. You can't draw any conclusions 3 weeks into the season about Frank Francisco OR Dayan Viciedo, Pods versus Pierre, etc. In football terms, we're 1-1 to start the year and still have 14 games to make up ground on the 2-0 team in Minnesota.

I fought with that guy as much as anyone on the Internet, but that's the one quote I always remember...and I should reference back to it from time to time, it would prevent me from being a Dark Cloud and starting numerous threads micro-analyzing the Sox after every loss and still finding things to be concerned about after even some wins.

Except he did it all of the time and was completely in-your-face about it. Need I mention Colon?

Well, he was definitely wrong about one thing, Kenny Williams being on the way out....funny now, looking back on those days when we'd debate Ritchie for Wells/Fogg/Lowe and Valentin versus Clayton over and over again.

I actually got to know ColSat46 (I think he's died since then) and baggio pretty well over there, both great guys.

However, I drew the line when he made personal threats relating to my family and lots of other over-the-top things....I never could understand how he could get me banned so often, it's like he was the one moderating the board. Quite mysterious.

So I was saddened and both relieved when I found out about his eventual demise on the SOX boards.

Edited by caulfield12