Which ex-Sox Player Would You Want Back for 2010 Team?

jasonxctf

Which ex-Sox Player Would You Want Back for 2010 Team?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which ex-Sox Player Would You Want Back for 2010 Team?

• Jermaine Dye
    • Jim Thome
    • Aaron Rowand
    • Juan Uribe
    • Nick Swisher
    • Jose Contreras
    • Jon Garland
    • Clayton Richard
    • Scott Podsednik
    • Other

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True story.

With Pods on this team, we'd at least have 12-14 wins, stellar left field defense, and a true threat on the bases.

GMAFB. Pods alone would do jack s*** for this team, there are far too many other problems with this abomination of a baseball team.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
True story.

With Pods on this team, we'd at least have 12-14 wins, stellar left field defense, and a true threat on the bases.

GMAFB. Pods alone would do jack s*** for this team, there are far too many other problems with this abomination of a baseball team.

Yeah, his .371 AVG, .438 OBP, and 8 SB would be a really awful addition to this line-up. :huh

lmao I love how some of the mods and even the admins are always butthurt over pods success

Instead we have Pierre who is arguably our worst hitter (and player w/ -0.6 WAR) for around 9M/2

The Sox could have had Pods for 2M-3M instead of acquiring a player that no one in the league wanted early in the winter...

If only he waited.

QUOTE (scotty22hotty @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:12 AM)
lmao I love how some of the mods and even the admins are always butthurt over pods success

Instead we have Pierre who is arguably our worst hitter (and player w/ -0.6 WAR) for around 9M/2

The Sox could have had Pods for 2M-3M instead of acquiring a player that no one in the league wanted early in the winter...

If only he waited.

That would be AJ.

Definitely an idea from a marketing perspective that falls in line with Bo Jackson, Michael Jordan, David Wells, Albert Belle (slight backfire on that one) and Jose Canseco.

Heck, Jim Abbott could hit better than Pierre, AJ, Kotsay and Vizquel, or Pete Grey's Ghost, too.

Really, I don't want to see it, but I would RATHER see Frank end his career in a Sox uniform officially and also make a final lasting peace with KW than see any more Kotsay this season.

I'm even willing to do the same with Crede, if he took Nix's spot. WHY NOT?

It's not like we can bring up Morel yet....you can argue that spot would take away valuable playing time and experience from CJ Retherford, but maybe the additional revenues derived from Thomas and Crede being back on the team would be worth it. I think a lot of the Sox fans in their 30's and 40's would love to take their kids to see those guys play one last time for the Sox.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:55 AM)
It's not like we can bring up Morel yet....you can argue that spot would take away valuable playing time and experience from CJ Retherford, but maybe the additional revenues derived from Thomas and Crede being back on the team would be worth it.

CJ is a future utility guy anyways, but I won't jump the gun on a guy hitting .216 in AAA early on just yet.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 10:37 PM)
Timo would be worth about 5 wins minimum. Just sitting on the bench next to cora would net at least one win, but if you let him actually hit and play the field regularly? shoot, this team may be undefeated

Plus you could hear Hawk yelling "Come on, Timo! Come on, Timo!" again.

QUOTE (scotty22hotty @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:12 AM)

If only he waited.

Sure, this is definitely Mods and Admins vs the rest of Soxtalk. Your post is full of hindsight, it is funny that you should mention being butthurt

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 09:52 PM)
True story.

Yesterday alone would have been a help. How many men LOB did Pierre have? The game was close. One key hit in those situations could have scored a run or 2 and changed the complexion of the game.

I'm generally a nice guy, and I always tend to give the likes of Kotsay, Pierre, etc. the benefit of the doubt. But, I am thoroughly disgusted by the performance of Pierre so far. Right now he's nothing more than a rally killer. Not that a lead-off single is a rally, but I watched him eliminate Teahen's lead-off yesterday by slapping a harmless grounder to the pitcher...a hit that a Pinto level little leaguer could field easily. I'd like to think he'll get better and start getting on base and stop being useless, but I'm getting more and more convinced that won't happen.