Which ex-Sox Player Would You Want Back for 2010 Team?

jasonxctf

Which ex-Sox Player Would You Want Back for 2010 Team?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Which ex-Sox Player Would You Want Back for 2010 Team?

• Jermaine Dye
    • Jim Thome
    • Aaron Rowand
    • Juan Uribe
    • Nick Swisher
    • Jose Contreras
    • Jon Garland
    • Clayton Richard
    • Scott Podsednik
    • Other

QUOTE (scotty22hotty @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 12:12 AM)
lmao I love how some of the mods and even the admins are always butthurt over pods success

Instead we have Pierre who is arguably our worst hitter (and player w/ -0.6 WAR) for around 9M/2

The Sox could have had Pods for 2M-3M instead of acquiring a player that no one in the league wanted early in the winter...

If only he waited.

Great strategy. Sit around, wait, and hope.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:12 AM)
Yesterday alone would have been a help. How many men LOB did Pierre have? The game was close. One key hit in those situations could have scored a run or 2 and changed the complexion of the game.

The same Scott Podsednik who came up to the plate with the tying run on base in the 9th inning yesterday, and hit into a double play? Yeah, clutch.

Riddle me this as well, fellow caped crusaders...last 5 games:

Player 1: 4/21, 1 BB, 3 K's, 1 SBs

Player 2: 4/21, 0 BB, 0 K's. 3 SBs

Does that "Huge" difference in production look so huge lately? I love small sample sizes, you know, the same sample sizes that are making people line up to Pod's defense.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 08:25 AM)
The same Scott Podsednik who came up to the plate with the tying run on base in the 9th inning yesterday, and hit into a double play? Yeah, clutch.

Riddle me this as well, fellow caped crusaders...last 5 games:

Player 1: 4/21, 1 BB, 3 K's, 1 SBs

Player 2: 4/21, 0 BB, 0 K's. 3 SBs

Does that "Huge" difference in production look so huge lately? I love small sample sizes, you know, the same sample sizes that are making people line up to Pod's defense.

Wow, that is amazing.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 27, 2010 -> 03:48 PM)
Uribe of course, have to get a shout out to him. He's the ONLY member of the franchise I've ever heard that Mark Buehrle would donate part of his own salary to keep in the fold. You didn't see him doing that with Thome or Dye. Juan was probably the most popular "across the board" (with white/black/Hispanic/Asian) player we've ever had in terms of how well-loved he was in the clubhouse. He was always in the middle of everything, smiling, having fun, loosening up the environment...he loves to play the game of baseball almost as much as Guillen does, it's never seeming like work for him, even at the end of another K resulting from an akward HR pull swing on an outside breaking ball. Great arm, strangest defensive mechanics that worked....Mr. Clutch RBI, Mr. RBI w/ Runner at 3rd and less than 2 outs, and a capable bunter as well. Remember Toby Hall and the pie incident? Uribe does that to Dye, you never hear a word about it, 100%.

That's why I like Uribe, for those who keep commenting on it.

DAVE WILLS OR JOHN ROONEY. Joking with you Ranger, you're going a good job, youngster! Keep it up...

He was a solid glove. I remember when he had to fill in for Crede. It shows you how bad this organization is when they let Uribe go and start a season with Josh Can't Fields at 3rd.

Defense means nothing to this organization.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 11:52 AM)
He was a solid glove. I remember when he had to fill in for Crede. It shows you how bad this organization is when they let Uribe go and start a season with Josh Can't Fields at 3rd.

Defense means nothing to this organization.

No it doesnt. At all, actually.

It is always convenient to forget how absolutely abysmal at the plate Uribe was at the end of his career with the Sox. I am glad he has resurrected his career and is useful for San Fran now, but he was all but a guaranteed out in his last year with the Sox, it was dreadful watching him swing at facehigh fastballs all the time.

Everyone complains about all-glove no-bat Vizquel now, but its basically the same thing we were getting out of Uribe, and now everyone wants uribe back

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 11:10 AM)
It is always convenient to forget how absolutely abysmal at the plate Uribe was at the end of his career with the Sox. I am glad he has resurrected his career and is useful for San Fran now, but he was all but a guaranteed out in his last year with the Sox, it was dreadful watching him swing at facehigh fastballs all the time.

aka the Greg Walker effect

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 03:41 PM)
And was then traded in part for refusing to work with him.

Excellent point. In fact, I think we should extend him another 10 years for making us an offensive juggernaut.

I particularly enjoy the annual April and September swoons our entire offense displays.

Edited by BigSqwert

EXCEPT FOR HIS DAD, NOT "anyone," technically, would be incorrect. But anyone with the White Sox organization, YES.

Chris Young WATCH

2/5 today, 1 R, 5 RBI's, HR (4)

Now sitting at .298, 4 HR's, 21 RBI's, .853 OPS.

Time for another Phil Rogers article on him me thinks.

JIM THOME also says "hi!"

Gives the Twins a 2-0 lead with his 4th homer, threatening for Sox to fall a season-high 7 GB. Non-surprising stat line to Ozzie/KW: 278, 4 HR, 10 RBI, 9 BB, 1.117 OPS.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 28, 2010 -> 07:03 PM)
EXCEPT FOR HIS DAD, NOT "anyone," technically, would be incorrect. But anyone with the White Sox organization, YES.

Chris Young WATCH

2/5 today, 1 R, 5 RBI's, HR (4)

Now sitting at .298, 4 HR's, 21 RBI's, .853 OPS.

Time for another Phil Rogers article on him me thinks.

JIM THOME also says "hi!"

Gives the Twins a 2-0 lead with his 4th homer, threatening for Sox to fall a season-high 7 GB. Non-surprising stat line to Ozzie/KW: 278, 4 HR, 10 RBI, 9 BB, 1.117 OPS.

How's Javy Vazquez doing? Or Jeremy Reed? Or Miguel Olivo? Marte? Aaron Poreda's certainly doing f***ing great down in the minors isn't he?

So long as TCQ is playing right, I'll say Jermaine Dye. However, I really don't want him back, as much as I want to see Q moved back to LF, Jones take over in RF, and Pierre moved to the bench, or perhaps to 9th in order (has a DH ever batted last?).

Q really looks uncomfortable in right, and he's such an intense headcase, I fear that its hurting his hitting.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 09:48 AM)
So long as TCQ is playing right, I'll say Jermaine Dye. However, I really don't want him back, as much as I want to see Q moved back to LF, Jones take over in RF, and Pierre moved to the bench, or perhaps to 9th in order (has a DH ever batted last?).

Q really looks uncomfortable in right, and he's such an intense headcase, I fear that its hurting his hitting.

Q doesn't belong on the field anywhere. He's Pods-like out there.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 06:53 AM)
How's Javy Vazquez doing? Or Jeremy Reed? Or Miguel Olivo? Marte? Aaron Poreda's certainly doing f***ing great down in the minors isn't he?

Kenny Williams has done a great job having a roster prepared to go from the "opening bell" the last two years.

True or false?

I think based on the results so far, the White Sox would be better off with Clayton Richard and an actual DH (Jones has been fine) like Matsui. I could care less about Poreda.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 09:53 AM)
Kenny Williams has done a great job having a roster prepared to go from the "opening bell" the last two years.

True or false?

I think based on the results so far, the White Sox would be better off with Clayton Richard and an actual DH (Jones has been fine) like Matsui. I could care less about Poreda.

Im sure you will find room to cite him in a future post in bold italics underlined

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 10:53 AM)

True or false?

I'd say you are in the minority there. You'd be crazy to rather have Richard over Peavy. Of course, you cite "based on the results so far" which unfortunately is not how these things work.

But also, what was the point of bringing up the Chris Young watch? And once again there was a Jim Thome watch.

The constant deification of ex-Sox players on this board is just getting so tiresome. It's not just you but the random let's bring up Chris Young to re-visit yet another player we traded away was ridiculous and it's so annoying. It's also funny since we have a thread up now that was created to basically laugh at Seattle for giving us Matt Thornton. Think they wouldn't want him back right about now?

Aaron Poreda's certainly doing f***ing great down in the minors isn't he?

That's kind of the point. HOPEFULLY, Peavy gets it together, but since you brought Poreda's performance this season over 3-4 weeks into the season up, doesn't it make it equally relevant to talk about what Jake or Richard has done so far?

OF COURSE, in the long-term, Peavy SHOULD be fine and it was the right move at the time. If he's not (fine), we're screwed in too many ways to count.

QUOTE (The Beast @ Apr 29, 2010 -> 10:12 AM)
I wonder who all of the Pods supporters are here, as many of you seemingly have a hard on for Juan Pierre (.213 avg, .276 OBP, 1 RBI, 9 SB, 3 CS) over Scott Podsednik (.365 avg .429 obp, 8 RBI, 8 SB, 1 CS).

There is a whole thread devoted to Podsednik in Diamond Club, that should give you an idea.